"When did you come to lead the Year Movement?" I ask, looking up at Kane. His eyes look dark, and for a minute, I think I have crossed over some line; said something I shouldn't have said.

"My father was the leader for the Year Movement for a long time, but they killed him. The Feds came to my house in the middle of the night, took my dad out of his room, and shot him. My mom tried to attack one of the Feds, but they were too strong. They grabbed her, me, and my little sister, and dragged us out of the house. I wasn't quite six yet, but they had me Abandoned the very next morning." Kane's voice had become low and hoarse, full of emotion. I suddenly feel wrong talking to Mr. Laneer about Kane.

I walk forward, reaching towards Kane. I wrap my arms around his neck, and reach for the UCP. This time, he doesn't object, and so I lightly press the UCP. I see a flicker in front of me, and feel Kane shift under my arms. Soon though, I can tell Kane is really standing in front of me, and I stand back.

"What happened to your sister?" I ask quietly, my voice barely a whisper.

"I don't know," He says, his voice cracking. "She was a baby when they took us. They could've done a number of horrible things to her."

I swallow, trying to ignore the lump forming in my throat again. That's why he's so good with Amelia. Suddenly a lot of things make sense, and chastise myself for ever even considering turning Kane in. Maybe he's trying to make things better. Maybe I was just always on the wrong side before.

"Does Amelia remind you of her? - Your sister?" I inquire, hoping I'm not prying. Kane comes closer, and he wraps his arms around my waist, lying his head on my shoulder.

"Yeah," He says, and I can almost hear the tears he's crying in his voice. "I'm sorry." He says, backing up. "I just needed a hug I guess."

And there he is, pretending everything is okay, when it clearly isn't. He puts up walls, and puts up acts. His men probably have no idea what their leader has gone through, aside from Charlie. Kane presses his UCP, and soon, I see Mr. Laneer in front of me again, instead of Kane. He turns off his flashlight, telling me we better head back to the party before anyone becomes suspicious. I nod, although I know he can't see me in the dark. I let the canister of paint fall to the ground with a metallic clink, and I follow after Kane, retracing our original steps.

We make our way back into the room we talked with my parents in, and I have to let my eyes adjust to the light.

"Should we find some of the others?" I ask, pointing back towards the ballroom.

Kane nods.

Mr. Laneer grins. "Good idea. I wonder if Charlie started his little project."

We find Charlie lounging in a love seat with a young woman sitting on his lap, even though there is an open seat right beside him. The young woman has her arms around Charlie's neck, and her legs are slung over his lap.

"Looks like the police are here," Sir Whigham says, his voice slurred. The girl hops over to the open seat, and fiddles with her skimpy dress. I start to wonder why Charlie would even bother with a girl like her, but then remember that he sounds intoxicated to say the least.

Mr. Laneer, yanks Sir Whigham up.

"Get off your lazy backside, and help us out," Kane hisses in Charlie's ear. Sir Whigham looks in my direction, and I direct my gaze down to the floor.

"I don't... I don't wanna mess with her," He says, his words running together. "She doesn't know a real man when she, when she sees one," He complains, throwing his head back to laugh.

I sigh, stepping up next to Charlie.

"Listen," I say. "I'm sorry if I've hurt your feelings, but Ka—Preston is right. We could use your help." My words sound almost desperate, and normally I would take that as I sign of weakness. But now, talking to a man who is barely there, it feels like the perfect weapon. Desperation. "I need you to help. We both know Preston isn't half the man you are." And with that, I place a feathery kiss on his cold cheek.

"You okay Charlie?" Kane asks, patting the old man's back. Sir Whigham had been vomiting for the last ten minutes in a bathroom stall. I had gone in with them, hoping to help, but I soon found out that something like this could ruin me from ever wanting to help again.

"Can you get this wet?" Kane asks, handing me a handkerchief. I step out of the stall, happy to be away from the stench of the enclosed space. I run the handkerchief under cold water, then wring it out, going back to the stall to hand it to Kane. He holds it over Charlie's wrinkled forehead, and lowers himself to the ground to sit next to Charlie. I can't help but envy their bond. I never really had the chance to make friends when I was growing up. Most parents saw me as a bad influence, and made sure I never got near their children.

"Charlie," Kane says. "We left the symbol over by the old guy's office."

"Is that 'old guy' thing supposed to be funny?" Charlie asks, wiping his mouth on his sleeve.

"Nah," Kane says, laughing. "But I could make a ton of old man jokes if I need to. But first, tell me about your friend?"

"Amy? She's the old guy's daughter. We both drank a little, and I got her to spill some secrets. You wouldn't believe how convincing I can be when I have a little champagne helping me along the way." Charlie's words have become less slurred, but he sounds rather tired.

"What kind of secrets?" Kane asks, handing me the handkerchief again. I run it under cool water, and wring it out again, bringing it back to Kane. "Thanks," He says absentmindedly, waiting for Charlie's response. I find myself waiting too, hoping Charlie found something of use.

"She said her old man told her that he knows Kane Porter is still alive," Charlie says it like it's a joke, but I can see the way Kane stiffens.

"What?" Kane asks, bewildered. He stands up, suddenly, and pushes past me.

He rushes to a faucet, and begins to splash water on his face. That's when it happens. His UCP flickers, and soon all I can see is the real Kane. I rush towards him, pressing the little button, but nothing happens. I feel something wet on his UCP, and realize he must have gone a little crazy with his method to cool down. Great.

"Darn it!" Kane says. "Charlie, we need to find Paul."

A/N~ Sorry it's been so long! I wrote almost this whole chapter today, so I'm pretty proud haha. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. If you did, please vote and comment. I love hearing from you guys! It means a lot, even if it's a simple message <3 Thank you for being patient, I hope this chapter was worth the wait :D *****I NEED OPINIONS PLEASE***** Should I enter this book in this years Wattys? Or should I wait for 2016? Do you guys think I should even consider putting Year 6 in the Wattys? Please leave me some feedback :D