I

'It's driving me out of my mind

That's why its hard for me to find

Can't get it out of my head

Missed her, kissed her, love her

That girl is poison'

The music blared through the speakers as I held Britt's hand in one hand and a glass from the bar in the other, walking through LIV nightclub. I admit I was buzzed, but it was much needed. Parker was in one of his moods again, and I didn't have the patience to deal with it. I followed her lead up the steps to VIP and stood by the glass awning, seeing all of the people in the club letting the music take over their bodies.

Let me catch you up to speed. Remember me? Last time you heard about me, I was shedding tears in the hospital ER, praying Parker would be okay. Well, ten days later he was released from the hospital and wanted nothing more to do with Compton. We left the next morning along with Nino and Britt. We've been here for about two years now and it's been hella crazy. We didn't have time to fully move in the condo we were given by Cell, before Park and Nino were put to work. That left Britt and I home alone to do whatever on our own. I took on the role of being Britt's companion throughout her pregnancy, and apparently I did very well. About two months after we settled in, she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named Samiya. Nino adored the child and fit perfectly as the role of a father.

Their relationship has never been better. Nino keeps saying he wants to marry Britt but she keeps saying she's not ready and just because they have a baby doesn't mean they need to be married. Nino was making good money working with Marcell and Parker, business was amazing and we never went a day without a place to lay our heads or food in our mouths. Much different than the lives we led in Compton.

"Chase!" Parker snapped at me, through a stone cold face, and eyes that were hidden behind black ray bans. I turned to face him on the couch he sat on with the rest of the crew. "Come here" he said sternly. I rolled my eyes and began walking over to him. I didn't feel like dealing with Parker right now. He wasn't the same man I had fallen in love with. It wasn't like the money changed him, or the notereity. He treated everyone the same way he did back in Compton. Everyone except me. I sat next to him sipping my drink.

"Yes Parker" I said with a slight attitude.

"What's wrong with you?" He began. I turned away from him catching a serious attitude with him. He knew what was wrong with me. Before entering the club tonight, we argued the whole way here about why we hadn't taken any steps toward building the future we had planned on that roof in Compton. "Chassia you don't understand"

"No Park you don't understand, and I don't think a club is the best place to talk about it" I snapped at him before getting off the couch and walking downstairs to the dance floor. I could see that Britt had seen the whole thing go down and followed closely behind me.

I entered the women's restroom and faced myself in the mirror. I had so many damn battle scars from just the past two years of my life. I had changed in many ways but my wants for my life never changed. I just wanted to be his wife, carry his child, be the one he came home to every night. Half the time I don't even see him. The shooting made him into a different person. He rarely talked to me about much and every time I brought up marriage or kids, he shut down or turned it into an argument.

"Chase what happened?" Britt placed a gentle hand on my shoulder standing next to me. I turned to face her.

"I'm tired Britt, it's been damn near three years dealing with this lifestyle and all I've done was ride for him... he still won't wife me, and half the time he doesn't even come home.. could it be that he just doesn't want this anymore?" the last few words made came out slowly as I put my head down in disappointment.

"Noooo.. Chase, no.. Nino isn't home half the time either, its a part of the lifestyle. As for the marriage and kids... maybe he just isn't ready Chase.. like for real you're 21, you have a whole future ahead of you."

"Yeah we do, and I wouldn't care if he wanted to wait as long as he acted like it was still apart of the plan. Britt I don't even know who he is some days. One day he loves me like we never left Karen Blvd. Other days its like I'm a stranger in his bed." I shook my head.

"Chase if you really feel like he doesn't care anymore, maybe you need to leave...leave and show him how much he'll miss you when you're gone. Sometimes people get in relationships and get too damn comfortable. He's really comfy and you need to shake his ass up" she lectured.

It actually wasnt a bad idea to take a break away from him and this lifestyle. I still didn't know if I could look Parker in the eye and say I was leaving him. What if he didn't care and said 'good riddance'? Was that something I could handle?

"Come on, Nino text me.. they're ready to go"

"Alright" I grabbed my purse off of the bathroom counter and we began to walk towards the main entrance of the club.

Britt waved goodbye as she climbed into the matte black Bentley they owned. I stood there waiting for valet with Parker as he scrolled on his phone. Valet soon brought around the black G-Wagon Park just bought and he finally adverted his attention to me. Parker opened my door, making sure I was in good, he leaned over and kissed my cheek before shutting my door. He was on some weird shit. His mood switched every ten damn minutes. I sat there quietly waiting for the switch back as he pulled out of the driveway of LIV.

Parker laid on the bed in his basketball shorts, scrolling on his phone. I decided this was another night of just sleeping together in the same bed as people who used to know each other. I walked around the bed in my silk night gown, rubbing on a new lotion I had gotten from Bath & Body Works. Climbing in the bed, the scent must've caught his attention.

"What's that?" he asked me. I laughed because I had dyed my hair and gotten a tattoo in these past two months but he noticed a scent I wore first.

"It's called Hawaiian Breeze"

"It's called seducing Parker" he joked reaching out for me and bringing me closer to him, he kissed on my neck and I giggled lightly but I was still annoyed and he knew it. "You know I love you right?" I sighed, scooting away from him and laying in the bed.

"Actions speak louder than words Park... always have, always will." I clicked off the light on my nightstand as I heard him huff out a big breath and lay down, turning out his light. I laid there awake for a minute contemplating what the hell I would do about Parker's mood swings.

***

Parker's POV

I kept hearing the sound of something shuffling around. I figured it was Chase doing some more decorating or something feminine like that. "Chase! I'm tryna sleep!" I yelled while my eyes were still closed. I turned to my other side and realized that the sound of shuffling I heard were suit cases. I opened my eyes and saw that the closet door in our room was open and she was dressed in sweats like she was flying somewhere. I quickly hopped up. "Chase what's going on?"

She grabbed the last suit case and began walking toward the living room. "I'm leaving Parker."

The words hit me hard. I knew my shit would eventually push her away but damn I thought I had more time. I'm trying to change my ways."What do you mean leaving Chassia?!"

"Like I'm leaving you to live your single lifestyle. It shouldn't be that hard since you barely see me anyway" she began lugging the bags out of the door and down the hall. What the fuck.