Chapter 8: New Orleans

Elena's POV

I woke up in the morning cuddled up to Lijah. Memories of last night rolling through my head. It was perfect! The romantic dinner. The laughing and all of the talking. We really needed it. Today's the day we move to New Orleans.

Me: Lijah.

Lijah: Huh?

Me: Get up. Today's the day.

We get up and go downstairs. Kol and Bon were standing at the front door. We looked at what they were looking at. The kids were playing in the yard. Just running around giggling. It's times like this that I love being a mom and an Aunt.

Bon: Just think, soon there will be more kids running around here. Well not here here but around our house.

Me: Can't wait!

The kids finally noticed us watching them and came running up to us.

Nikky: Mommy when are we leaving?

Lijah: When everyone gets up.

Care: We're up.

Jenna: So are we.

Jer: We're up too...unfortunately.

Klaus: Alright guys, let's all eat so we can get going.

Klaus and Jer went into the kitchen and started cooking. I couldn't help but to remember the first time they "cooked" together. I remembered how Jer just sat there and watched Klaus do all of the cooking. I walked in the kitchen and started laughing. Both of the guys looked at me.

Jer: What's so funny?

Me: Nothing, some things just never change. Years later and Klaus still does all of the cooking while you just sit there and watch.

Klaus: Yeah, why don't you help me Jer?

Jer: Because Nik, cooking is the woman's job.

We both looked at Jer and looked at each other. And then looked back at Jer with smiles on our faces.

Jer: What's that Be? You need help with the kids? OK I'll be right up.

Bekah: What are you talking about Her? I didn't say anything...what's going on in here?

Before anyone could answer I was behind Her holding on to him. Nik had a bowl full of pancake batter. He came over and dumped it on Jers head. Then he got into the fridge and got some eggs and some milk. He cracked the eggs over Jers head and poured the milk on his head too.

Me: From now on you are the assistant chef. Right Chef?

Klaus: Absolutely. Now go get cleaned up. We have got to make these kids food before they go insane.

Me: They're related to all of us Klaus...they're already insane.

Bekah: Good point.

After Her got done cleaning up he came down to help cook. Me, Bekah, and Klaus already had it done. The kids hurried up and ate. We packed everything up in the cars and we're off towards New Orleans.

2 Hours Later

We drove for what felt like forever but finally we passed a sign saying New Orleans. I was so excited as I stared out the window! Then I heard Lilah laugh.

Me: What's so funny?

Lijah: I just love you so much Lena.

Me: I love you too Lijah.

We pulled up to a mansion! There's enough room here for us all to have 2 rooms at least! The kids will love it!!! I look back and see the kids asleep in the back seat.

Me: Niklaus, Alyssa, Jeremy, wake up guys we're here!

They woke up and looked out the window.

Nikky: Woah! This place is huge!!!!

Lyssa: Can we go check it out?

Me: Go get your cousins and the six of you can each pick out a room.

The kids ran off to Bekah and Jers car to get Ariella, Andrew, and Aliya.

Lijah: My sweet Lena, me and the guys have some business to attend to. Make sure all of you girls are ready when we get back. We're showing you around New Orleans.

Me: OK Lijah, we'll be ready. I love you Lijah!!!

Lijah: I love you too Lena!!!

I watched as Lijah walked away with the guys. I wonder what they are planning? All of us girls go inside and spend the rest of the day picking out clothes, helping the kids set up their rooms, doing each others make up and just talking. I live days like today!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know this chapter was boring and it took me forever to update but I've been busy moving. Sorry. Next chapter will be better.