Chapter 7: Elejah

Elena's POV

I asked Jenna and Ric to watch the kids so me and Lijah could go out for the day before we have to start packing for New Orleans. They said yes so now I'm upstairs getting ready. I found this really short cute black strapless dress in My closet. I decided on these shiny black high heels. I curled my hair and left the room. I went to Bon and Kol's room to see what they thought about the way I looked.

Me: Bon? Kol?

Kol: What do you want Lena?

Me: I want your guys opinion on how I look.

Kol: You look beautiful. Now go away.

Me: You haven't even opened the door! Please Bon!!!

I hear one of them get up and come to the door. Bon opens it and looks at me.

Bon: Wow!

Kol: What's the big deal... Wish, Lena you look gorgeous!

Me: Ok that's all I needed. Thanks guys!

I tan down stairs and saw Lijah. I twirled around in My dress.

Me: How do I look?

Lijah: Perfect.

I smiled at him and he offered me his arm. I took it and we walked out the door.

Me: Where are we going?

Lijah: You'll see when we get there.

Me: Fine.

We were quiet for 5 minutes before I finally said something.

Me: So... New Orleans???

Lijah: Yeah, it's one of the few places we've ever considered home. We lived there in the 1900's until Mikael found us and came after us. He burned the whole city to the ground. But a close friend of Niklaus's that we believed died in the fire actually survived. After it was all over he built it again. With his own bare hands he built it little by little. We didn't even know about it until a few months back. After we found out Klaus and Care went there to take back our city. They befriended Marcel again and now the city belongs to us again. It's the most safest place for you girls and the children. Nobody would ever even think about going after The Original Family while we're living in New Orleans.

I looked up and saw we were parked beside a lake house... But not just any lake house, The Gilbert lake house!!! I loved this place growing up. We get out and walk inside. I hear noises coming from the kitchen and start walking towards them. Lijah gets in My way and leads me towards the back yard. There are candles on the table and lights hung up around the yard. It looked so beautiful! Lijah pulls my chair out for me and I sit down. Then he sits down across from me. Then the song Fall For You By Secondhand Serenade came on and Jenna and Ric came out with the kids.

Nikky: We are going to be your waiters...

Lyssa: And waitresses.

Nikky: And waitresses tonight, sorry girls.

Jerry: So what can we get you guys to drink tonight?

Me: What do you have sir?

Jerry: Uhmmm... Apple juice.

Me and Lijah: Apple Juice it is then.

Lyssa: Any appetizer?

Nikky: We've got Cheese Sticks!!!

Me: That sounds great!

Nikki, Lyssa, and Jerry: We'll be right back with you're orders.

Me and Lijah: Thank you.

The kids ran off giggling towards the kitchen. The night was perfect! We ate our appetizers and the kids made us Mac N Cheese with hamburger in it. It was perfect. Then we danced all night. We didn't get back home until around 1 in the morning. Tomorrow we pack for New Orleans, but tonight... It's all about me and Lijah spending time together and that's exactly what we did. We talked and laughed and talked some more until we fell asleep in each others arms. Textbook definition of a perfect night!