Chapter Fifteen - Daddy Issues

Start from the beginning

"Nothing! Absolutely nothing!" She walks past her desk and out the door of the classroom. Mr Pines yells at her to come back but she doesn't.

Now everyone is looking at me. I throw my hands in the air.

"I did nothing," I say.

"Can someone go fetch April please?"

"I will," her friend Jordan and I say at the same time. He glares at me. If looks could kill, I'd be fried.

I ignore him and stand up. I walk out the door and begin my quest to find April. I don't know why I was staring at her. Was it because of the photo? Was it because I was mad at her? Was it because – No. I need to stop thinking about it. I just need to go find her and make sure she doesn't do anything stupid.

I walk out onto the soccer fields and see her lying in the middle of the field. I sigh and roll my eyes. This girl is more dramatic than all the drama geeks combined.

I stroll over to her and cross my arms over my chest. Her eyes are shut and her breathing is even. I smirk at her and bend down on my knees.

"Do you need me to sing you a lullaby?" Her eyes crack open and she shoots up into a sitting position.

"Rock-a-bye baby, on the tree tops. When the wind blows the cradle will –"

"Shut up! Leave me alone!" she grits her teeth together.

I chuckle and sit down next to her. She glares at me, so I put a goofy smile on my face. Whether she likes it or not, a small smile is pulling at the corners of her lips.

"Why did you follow me?" she asks

"Why did you kiss Jordan?" I blurt.

"What? You can't answer my question with a question. What do you care anyway? Huh? You're dating Emilie," she snaps.

"Aw. Jealous?" I tease.

"Look who's talking. Mr. Why did you kiss Jordan?" I groan and roll my eyes at her.

"Just answer the damn question,"

"We kissed because I was pretending to be his girlfriend so he didn't have to go out with the pizza chick,"

"Oh,"

"Yeah, oh, you nosy asshole." She stands up and begins to walk back towards the school.

"Wait! I'm not dating her!" I call. She stops dead in her tracks and spins around.

She begins to walk towards me. Her hands shove my shoulders so that I'm lying down.

"Then I guess she won't mind me doing this," She leans down and smashes her lips against mine. The kiss is careful, gentle. I respond, moving my lips with hers and sliding my hand up here face the cup her cheek. She smiles against my mouth and pulls away.

She winks at me, turning on her heel to walk towards the school. I sit on the field in shock, watching her slip into the school.

No. She does not get to kiss me like that and then walk off. I say to myself.

I jog towards the school, running through the doors, only to hear a loud crash echo throughout the halls. I round the corner to stop short when I see April held up against the lockers by a bulky looking biker.

"Give it to me," he growls.

"Never," she snarls, spitting at him. He chuckles lowly.

"It's cute how you think you have a choice. Now hand it over. Now!"

I take a step forward when April's eyes lock on mine. She shakes her head at me, so I retreat behind the lockers, so I am still able to hear them.

"You'll never get it from me,"

"Then you're coming with me," April's muffled screams are the last thing I hear before a sharp pain explodes over the back of my head. It is then that I collapse on the floor, my world spinning before me, before going black.

~~~~~

*April Thorne*

I squirm in the chair I'm tied to when two figures walk in the confined room I've been locked in. My eyes immediately find the female.

"H-Hazel?!" I splutter. She just smirks and nods at me.

"Surprise," She sneers at me. I look from her to the man I call father and back.

"You betray me! You never left to Europe!"

"Wow, Sherlock, you sure do catch on fast," she says.

"Shut up, both of you. Where is it?" I smirk at my father.

"Where is what?" I say innocently.

"April! You are testing my patience," my father growls lowly.

"Your patience ran out the day you left us! You took everything! You are a heartless monster. I am ashamed to call you my father!" I scream at him.

"Just give me what I want and I will let you go," he says, trying to remain calm.

"Do you think I'm stupid? Why would I have it on me?!"

"Fine! I will let you go. But if you don't get it to me, by next Friday... you'll have another thing coming,"

He walks out of the room, Hazel following suit. I sit there, waiting for someone to untie me. He does realise that I can't untie myself when my hands and feet are tied to a flipping chair.

A few minutes later, a tall, bulky guy, probably in his early 20's, walked into the room. To be completely honest, he was scary. He has a gun strapped to his waist band, he is about two times the size of me and he has a long pink scar that begins at his hairline and stretches across his forehead onto his cheek.

He walks behind the chair I'm tied to and with one swift movement, the ropes are cut. The minute the ropes loosen on my hands and legs I pull free and rub the tender spot where the ropes were rubbing.

"Get out," the man growls. I squeak and I run through the door. Sunlight attacks my eyes and I squint.

I turn around when the door is slammed shut. Sighing, I begin the long walk home. My phone buzzes from my pocket. I pull it out and glance at the screen. It's 4:30pm.

A text appears on the screen from Noah. I ignore it, shoving the phone back in my pocket. I walk along a deserted road. A car will pass by every now and then. I hear a motorbike engine revving from behind me. I take no notice of it and just continue walking.

The humming of the engine gets closer and closer, until it is cut off completely. I turn around, to see Blake standing there, fiddling with a helmet on his head. Overwhelming relief overcomes me.

I run towards him and throw my arms around his neck. He releases a pain filled grunt and I pull away from him immediately.

"What's wrong?"

"Whoever captured you, got me too," he lift up his shirt, to reveal various bruises and cuts along his toned stomach

"Oh god!" I gasp. "I'm going to kill that son of a... donkey!" I yell.

Blake chuckle lowly, looking down at me through his lashes.

"I'm glad you're okay though," he says, seriousness coating his tone.

"I'm glad you're okay." This time it's Blake that pulls me into a hug. If I'm hurting him, he doesn't show it, but at this moment I don't really care. All I care about is that I'm with him. It's at that moment, I realise...

I like Blake Rivers.

~~~~~

Okay! Don't kill me! This took WAY too long to update! I know it is really short but I have another update coming like really soon. Hope you enjoyed! 

Stay beautiful!