Chapter Three- I have a date???

*April Thorne*

The car ride home was filled with a comfortable silence, with the exception of giving directions. Once we reached my house I grabbed my bag and practically ran into the house, barely muttering a good bye.

Once I walked through the foyer, I was stopped by my Mum.

"Hey sweetie. Would you prefer pizza or Chinese for dinner?" she asks me, with a smile.

"Pizza all the way!" I grin sheepishly. Mum knows how much I love pizza, like I honestly love it more than my freaking stepsister, although, I love everything more than Lila. She is evil, but her father makes my Mum happy and that is all I ask, especially after the divorce. It was really rough. My father left us with nothing. He basically disowned me.

"Lila isn't going to like that," my Mum smirks. She doesn't like Lila either. I grin mischievously in return. Mum grabs the phone and jogs up the stairs, hesitating to usher me along. We rush into my room and sit on the bed.

My mum is awesome. She has this teenage side to her. When it comes to boys or drama, she acts like Hazel. They are forever trying to hook me up with someone.

It is actually quite funny because one time Mum and Hazel organised a blind date and that turned out horribly. It ended with the guy drenched in lemonade, with fries and salad down his shirt. It turned out he just wanted to get into my pants.

"So what do you wanna do tonight, my little Chickie Babe?" My Mum shoots me a little wink. I smile and stride across the room and clutch my make-up and nail polish bag in my fist. Her eyes widen from excitement and she nods furiously. I giggle and plug my IPod in the stereo that sits next to my bed.

We spend the whole night talking and giggling about stupid stuff, like boys and airheads at school. I mention the party that's tomorrow night.

"You're going," Mum says sternly.

"But what if I don't want to go?" There's really no point in arguing but I don't want to go.

"Too bad. You're going. You need to get out more April. Come on honey. I'll pick your outfit and I'll even do your make-up and hair. You know! In that really nice way!" she whines.

"Fine! I'll go, but if I get, like, drunk or bashed or something, that is on you," I roll my eyes like a child.

"You won't get bashed and I don't care if you get drunk, as long as you're sensible and have someone trustworthy with you," she giggles. I stare at my mother. My jaw is practically hitting the floor. Did those words really just come out of my MOTHER'S mouth?!

She just looks at me and continues slathering a coat of fuchsia on her thumb nail. She admires the job she's done and starts singing along to the soft music thrumming from the stereo. I sink into the bed, grabbing the magenta and brushing the colour to my nails.

The doorbell sends chimes throughout the house. I snatch the money off the desk and slip down the stairs. I lock eyes with my Lila, who's standing in the kitchen. I poke my tongue at her. I know I'm so mature right?

I swing the door open counting the money I have grasped in my hand. I hear a male clear their throat and I lift my gaze to the pizza guy's. My mind floods with recognition of the guy standing dresses in a uniform with a foam pizza strapped to his head. I burst into a fit of giggles and clutch my stomach. I look up at Blake who is now looking at me with an amused expression on his face.

I fall to my knees and bend over from laughter. He looks like such a dork.

"You... look so... oh my god,"