Chapter Fifteen - Daddy Issues

Okay, well that hurt. My eye is throbbing and I'm gonna have a bruise there tomorrow. Emilie has a smirk on her face.

"That's payback," she sneers. She leans forward.

"And for kissing Jordan," she whispers in my ear so only I can hear her. Her nose is still bruise but not badly. At least I didn't break it.

Jordan comes over, oblivious about what happened. I grab his hand and pull him away from Emilie. I make sure to have my head facing away from him, so he can't see my eye.

I pull him into an empty classroom and lock the door. I turn to him and his eyes grow wide. His hand cups my chin and tilts my head, so he can get a better look at my eye.

"Who did this?" his voice was threaded with anger and concern. I shake my head and smile at him.

"It doesn't matter. What matters is that someone took a photo of us in the pizza place and texted it to everyone," I grab my phone and show him the picture.

"I don't care about the photo. Who. Did. This?"

"I think you know very well who did this,"

"Emilie?" I nod my head.

"Okay, I'm going to keep you away from her at all costs." He pulls me out of the classrooms.

"You know she has a giant crush on you. That's why she punched me. She saw the photo," I say quietly.

"I don't care. I don't and never will like her." He pulls a face to show me that he is disgusted by the thought of Emilie. I just chuckle and continue walking by his side.

We walk to our History class. All eyes are on us. I blush and slide into my desk, letting my hair fall in front of my face like a barrier.

Mr. Pines strolls into the classroom and throws his folders on the desk.

"Settle down class. Today we are going to be discussing Ancient Egypt. Please take a sheet and pass it on. I would like you to take notes –" My though began to drown the teacher's voice out.

I can practically feel someone's eyes boring into the back of my head. I turn around and lock eyes with Blake. He is glaring at me. He looks like he wants to throw something at me.

I turn around and face the board. Yet again my attention drifts from the topic I'm supposed to be focusing on. I can still feel Blake staring me down.

Once again, I turn around to find him glaring at me. I've had enough. I haven't even done anything. What the hell was his problem?!

"Alright, what?!" I shout, standing up in my seat, my eyes locked on a shocked looking Blake.

"Why do you keep staring at me?! You honestly look like you want to throw a brick at me," I scream.

Blake continues to stare at me. Blinking once. Twice.

"Ahem. Excuse me Miss Thorne. What seems to be the problem?" Mr Pines asks from the front of the room.

"Nothing! Absolutely nothing," I yell. I walk past my desk and out of the classroom, ignoring the teacher yelling at me to come back. I keep walking out onto the oval. I sit down, right in the middle of the field and inhale deeply. I lie down and just think.

*Blake Rivers*

She just screamed at me. I just stare at her. Blinking like an idiot.

"Why do you keep staring at me?! You honestly look like you want to throw a brick at me," she screams again.

"Ahem. Excuse me Miss Thorne. What seems to be the problem?" Mr Pines asks from behind her. His arms folded over his chest and his eyes narrowed in annoyance.