Chapter Twenty - Attack of the Mighty April

So I'm sitting on my bed, playing charades with Blake.

"Chicken! No? Oh oh, turkey!"

"A... a turkey? It's an aeroplane," he pouts.

I giggle at him as he sits back down. We've played monopoly, watched a movie and made a couple snacks so far. Blake's phone starts ringing from his pocket. He pulls it out and answers it.

"Hello?" he answers.

"Why do I have to come home?" he whines.

"What!? Why!?" he yells through the phone, anger evident in his eyes.

"Whatever," he hangs up the line and sits down running a hand through his hair.

"You alright?" I ask, placing my hand awkwardly on his shoulder.

"Yeah," he sighs. "But we have to go over to mine for dinner,"

"Why?"

"I apparently have a visitor," he mumbles.

"Who?"

"No idea, mum wouldn't tell me,"

I just nod in response and walk over to my closet. Feeling lazy, I stay in my current clothes and pull some slip-ons over my feet.

I follow Blake out of the house, locking the door behind me. We walk across the lawn and up to the front door. An unfamiliar car sits in the driveway. Blake opens the door and allows me to walk in first.

Once he shuts the door behind him, he leads me into the kitchen. There seated at the table is Jo and a man. I've never this this guy before. By the way Blake is glaring daggers at him, I suppose they don't get along.

"Apwil!" A little voice squeals from behind me. I turn around only to have my legs tackled by an over energetic six year old.

I chuckle and pick her up into my arms, giving her a tight hug.

"What no hug for me?" Blake mocks. He places a hand over his heart and gives his little sister a pout.

"Yes! You get one too Blakey," I place her on the ground and she runs at Blake before diving into his arms. Blake picks her up and spins her around the kitchen.

She squeals and giggles, while hugging her brother back. I smile at the adorable sight. Once Blake puts Angel down, he looks back in the direction of his mother and the man.

"Hello Blake," the man says.

"Dad," he spits the word out.

"And who's your little bed buddy?" he says, looking me up and down with a disgusted expression on his face.

"Don't speak about her like that," he growls at his father.

"Excuse me," I walk out of the room, at a rather fast pace and up the stairs. I lock myself in the bathroom and inhale deeply.

I stare at my reflection. I'm wearing loose sweats and an iron man Tee. I have a little mascara on and my hair is in a messy bun. Lately I have been wearing my contacts, but today I chose to wear my glasses.

I sigh and splash my face with water. I accidently get some up my nose. I sniff a little to get rid of the uncomfortable feeling. It does not happen like in commercials let me tell you that right now.

A little tap sounds on the door.

"April?" It's Blake. I open the door and give him a half-hearted smile.

"You okay?" I give him a small nod in response. He grabs my waist and pulls me into his chest.

"I'm really sorry. My father has no right to speak to you like that,"