Chapter 11 - About Nixon

Start from the beginning

"Why are you so sweet?" I ask randomly.

"What?" He turns his head to me, a cute frown on his face as he blows smoke up into the air, away from my face..

"You're labeled the 'bad boy' at the school. Why? You're like the nicest kid in that place."

"I get into a lot of fights, detention is like my second home." He shrugs.

"And you smoke. But, I haven't seen any of that from you. You were sweet from the moment we met."

"Yeah, well. Maybe I just have a sweet spot for a certain teacher." He lightly nudges me with his shoulder, taking another drag and blowing the smoke out.

My cheeks flush and I couldn't help but hide my face with my hair, like a curtain. I cannot believe this boy can get to me like this so much. He makes me blush like mad, makes my stomach go into some crazy acrobatic flips when he touches me, and makes my brain go to absolute mush. How can one guy have this much power over me? It just isn't right.

"You haven't seen that side from me because I don't want your image of me ruined. If you l think that I'm a sweet guy, then I want to remain a sweet guy in your eyes. I don't want you thinking of me poorly or in a bad way. Others can think whatever they want of me, and I wouldn't give two flying fucks. But you, Sorren. Your opinion will always matter to me." His voice was so sincere, so soft, so deep.

I must look like a damn tomato right now. He makes me blush without even meaning to! "My image of you wouldn't be ruined, Nixon." I say softly.

"I'm not taking any chances. I'm not screwing this up." He takes one last drag of the cigarette and throws it to the ground, stomping it out.

I want to ask him more about what he thinks 'this' is, but I know it would probably end up in a fight, and the last think I want to do right now is fight with Nixon. So we keep walking.

"I think I know where we are." Nixon states, walking a little bit faster.

I start to stumble after him. I couldn't see the ground or anything around us, it was so dark. Hell, I could hardly see Nixon because he was wearing all black. "Can you slow down, Blue."

"Can you hurry up?" He retorts back.

I let out a huff and stop walking. Probably not the best thing to do, but I think he'd notice no more footsteps behind him.

Which he does. "Oh my god, come on." He groans, walking back over to me and grabbing my hand, pulling me with him.

I smile to myself and let him drag me along. The tingles shooting up my arm are strong and I can't help but sigh slightly at the feel of them. It's feeling a little natural for my hand to be in Nixon's. They just fit together so well.

A few more minutes of us walking and we are suddenly at a clearing at the top of a hill. the breeze is blowing through my hair, blowing it in all different directions. From the hill, we can see the whole city, lit up with lights of the evening. It's bright and truly beautiful. The best part? There's a small bench at the edge of the hill, so Nixon leads us over to it and e both take a seat. He has his arm on the back on the bench, and is pulling me closer to him. I can't help but lean into his warmth. With the extra breeze it's getting a little too cold for me.

That's a good excuse right?

"It's so beautiful." I whisper.

Nixon chuckles. "I know you are."

I let out a small laugh. "So cheesy."

He laughs with me and let's out a long sigh.

My thoughts about Nixon grow more and more curious. I want to know more about him. But what is he willing to tell me. He doesn't really talk about himself too much.