The Proposal

It was a hot summer night. You were in your apartment because apparently the sewers were hotter than the surface above. You turned on all the fans that you had at full blast. And you would also have a bucket of ice cubes just in case you wanted to pop one in your mouth. Anyways, you were trying to hand sew. You wanted to try something new. Then, you got a text from Leo.

Leo: Hey Princess. 😉

You smiled.

You: Hey Captain. ☺️

Leo: Can I please come over to your rooftop? It's like a desert down here. Plus, I need to ask you something important.

You: Of course!

You put on some flowy shorts and a t-shirt, turned off all your fans, and climbed up your fire-escape. You then saw Leo, in his human form, wearing a tuxedo. There were lanterns scattered across the rooftop, making a lit-up pathway. "Captain? What is this?" you asked, out of curiosity and awe. He went up to you and took your hands. "(Y/N) (Y/L/N). This past year has been amazing with you. Through all the ups and downs, I knew we would always be together. Ever since the day we met on this rooftop, I couldn't shake off the feeling that we had something special. But, I want to claim you as mine. So...will you make me the happiest being in the universe, and marry me?" Leo said. He kneeled down on one knee and pulled a small box behind his back, and opened it to reveal a sapphire gemstone ring. You were speechless and on the verge of tears of joy. "Yes. A million times yes!" you yelled, jumping into his arms. He twirled you. "I knew you would say yes." Leo said, as he wiped the tears off your face and slipped the ring on your finger. "But it's just missing one thing." you said, before he tried to kiss you. He looked worried. "What?" Leo said nervously. "The Captain I fell in love with." you said, as you quickly took off the watch he was wearing, turning him into his normal turtle self, ripping off his tuxedo. "I think I like this version of you better." you said, trailing his muscular green arms with your fingers. "Love you." Leo said. "Love you too." you said. He then kissed you, which melted you to the core. This was an absolutely amazing night to remember.

A/N: Hey guys! We reached chapter forty! YAY! I can't believe it's only been a few months since I started this book. Btw, I hope this makes up my laziness and lack of less words. Does it? I hope you guys can forgive me...BYE!!!!🐢🐢🐢🐢