Chapter Four

Bey's POV:

My alarm woke me up at 6:30am and I groaned and turned it off. I dragged myself out of bed and as much as I loved my job, I would have much rather got back into bed.

I stretched and then made my way into my ensuite to do my everyday morning routine. I glanced at myself in the mirror, and I looked a mess. My hair was sticking to my face and I looked like I hadn't slept in a month.

I stripped off my night clothes and turned the shower on and stepped in. The hot water felt good against my skin, and I must have stayed in there for a good 20 minutes. I got out and wrapped a towel around me, then brushed my teeth.

I lotioned my body, and then wrapped my white fluffy bath robe around me as I sat at my vanity and applied a light layer of makeup. Then I brushed my hair and parted my hair down the middle and just left it down. I then got dressed in my usual work attire. I unplugged my phone from my nightstand and checked my phone for any messages. I was hoping to get a good morning text from Shawn but I was disappointed when his name didn't appear on my lock screen. Just a text from my mom reminding me about dinner tonight, which I was looking forward to. 

I slipped on my heels and grabbed my car keys, purse, and phone and gave myself on last look over in the mirror and damn I actually looked good, if I do say myself (hold up😏).

I made my way out to my car and I took a quick glance over a Shawn's house, when I noticed his car still wasn't in the driveway. Had he even come home last night?

I looked at my Michael Kors watch and it read 8:30, so I needed to get going because I didn't want to be late.

I got in my car and started the engine. I was trying hard to get Shawn out of my head, because I was sure he was fine and I need to stop worrying about him, I hardly knew him!

I arrived to work just on time, and my first patient came in shortly after. Today wasn't particularly busy, it was a lot like yesterday.

My first patient was around 6 years old, and she was adorable. When she was 5 she had been in a terrible car accident which resulted in her loosing her mother, and it left her physically damaged and mentally damaged. She was constantly terrified of crossing roads, and going anywhere near cars and I really wanted to help her.

"Hello princess, what's your name?" I asked her and her eyes lit up when I called her 'princess'.

"My names Maya" she said shyly.

I giggled at how cute she was "Okay Maya, what's your favourite colour?"

She thought about this for a while.

"Blue!!" she exclaimed

"Really? That's my favourite colour too!" I said which made her more happy and I could see she was beginning to trust me.

Jay's POV:

I got back home at around 10am and I was exhausted. I'd been out since 4am and the only sleep I got before was very little.

I pulled up into my driveway and looked over at Beyoncé's house and then I realised she was probably at work.

I opened my front door, kicked off my shoes, and went upstairs to my bedroom. I took off all my clothes leaving me in my boxers, and as soon as my head hit the pillow I fell asleep.

------------8 hours later-----------

I woke up and looked at the time which read 4:04pm.

Damn I'd been asleep for ages.

I slipped on a pair of jogging bottoms and headed downstairs to get myself a snack. I didn't really have much considering I only moved in yesterday.