Chapter 12: You Might Have Him, But I Always Get The Last Word!

Above is Aurora's homecoming dress! :)

-------------------------------------------------------

Tonight is the Homecoming dance. Part of me is beyond excited, and the other part is dreading what could happen with Abigail after last night. Michael offered for us three to go together, so that she didn't feel excluded. She agreed, so now I'm waiting for her mom to drop her off so that we can get ready together.

"My main woman!" Abigail yelled as she walked through my bedroom door.

"How you doing sista from anotha mista?" I joked.

After she arrived, we started on our makeup. I went for some shimmery silver eyeshadow and winged eyeliner with an nude lip. Abi managed to pull off a smokey eye look and red lipstick, something I'd never been able to do. We then curled our hair and slipped on our dresses. I was in love with the style of Abigail's the day I saw it, but it was pink, so I let her have that one.

As we were doing the finishing touches, Michael texted me that he was on his way to my house, and that he had something to tell me. I ran outside to meet him while Abigail was still getting ready.

"Hey princess! You look... stunning"he said.

"Thanks! You don't look half bad yourself" I laughed. "So, what did you want to tell me?"

"I overheard Hailey talking to some of her friends today in math class. She was saying that she only agreed to take Jason to homecoming because she didn't want Abigail to have him."

"What?! Are you kidding me?"

"No. And I don't think she should be able to do this without something being done." he said, with a mischievous smile.

We made our plan, then Abigail came out and we headed towards the high school. Shortly after, we handed the door monitor our tickets and then went to have our picture taken. They let Abigail take her picture with us, so Michael stood in the middle and Abigail and I were on either side of him. Then we walked on to the dance floor, and it was go time.

Our plan was maybe a little harsh. Okay, it could be called mean, even. But then again, so was Hailey. Her best friend, Miranda had just had something similar happen to her. So we thought it'd be a great idea to tell Miranda what her best friend had just done to Abigail.

I walked over to Miranda and started making small talk with her. Even though she's Hailey's best friend, she was actually nice, so this wasn't hard.

"So, Miranda, what do you think of Jason?" I asked, trying to ease her into this.

"I like him! He's a cool guy. But, I had no idea Hailey was interested in him." she replied.

"Well, uhm, she's not. She only said yes because... she didn't want Abigail to have him." I said slowly. Miranda is so nice so I don't want to make it harsh on her.

"What?! She didn't! She couldn't after Keely did that to me! Could she?" She started to tear up.

"I'm sorry, Miranda, I just, thought you should know..." I actually felt bad for her, but at the same time I knew Hailey was gonna get it good.

"Thank you for telling me" she said between gritted teeth. "If you excuse me, I have to go talk to my best friend."

Miranda turned on her heel and headed straight for Hailey and Jason.

"Hailey, is there something you wanna tell me?" Miranda asked.

"Ran, what are you talking about?" Hailey fake-smiled.

"Oh I think you know what I'm talking about." Miranda fake-smiled back. "Agreeing to go to homecoming with Jason over here just so that Abigail couldn't, even after what Keely did to me."

"Ran, you don't understand, I had too..."

"No, you didn't. I can't believe I couldn't see this for myself." Miranda said quietly before walking away.

Then Hailey turned to face Jason and Abigail.

"Hailey, is that true? You only said yes because of Abigail?" Jason asked.

"Of course I did! I couldn't let some low-life tramp going to homecoming with one of the best looking guys on the football team, even if he is a complete loser."

"Hey!" Abigail yelled "DON'T call him a loser! Just because he's not concerned about what anyone else thinks, and doesn't go to parties and get all high and drunk like some people here, doesn't make him a loser." Then she got up into Hailey's face. "And if I ever even hear you mention his name ever again, you're going to have me to deal with."

She then turned to walk away, but turned around again. "Oh and you forgot crazy."

"What are you talking about?" Hailey asked.

"It's CRAZY, low-life tramp, to you." Then she walked away.

I ran up to her as fast as I could and gave her a massive hug. "Abigail! I've never been so proud of you before in my life!"

"Calm yourself, crazy one!" she laughed.

Michael walked up and high-fived her. "Nicely done Abs!"

"Thank you, thank you. Hold the applause." she fake bowed.

I looked over Abigail's shoulder and saw Jason coming.

"Heads up." I said.

Jason grabbed Abigail by her shoulders and spun her around to face him. "Abigail... I'm so sorry. I had no idea... well that you liked me." he said.

"Well now you do." she said. Then she grabbed his shirt collar, pulled him down to her level and kissed him.

"WOAH GO ABIGAIL!" Michael yelled.

We spent the rest of the night dancing and singing. Michael took me home and kissed me on the front porch. I danced around in my room until about 2 in the morning then fell asleep with my dress on. everything was perfect again.

Hey!

*If you're reading this I finally got it to post! Yay!*

I hope you all like this chapter! :)

This is dedicated to WeasleyWrites because she's my best friend and she's been SO supportive! Also, she gave me the idea for part of this chapter! Go follow her!

The lyric is from "Better Than Revenge" by Taylor Swift. It's my go to rage song. XD

Hey, did you know that this, along with "Deadliest Love" is entered in the #Wattys2015? Well, now you do! Voting is coming up and I'd love it if y'all voted! :)

I love you all!

~Dev