Chapter 2: It's only the start

Start from the beginning

“Sorry” she grinned sheepishly. Valeria’s eyes swept across the pile of clothes she was holding in her arms and sighed. This was the same every morning. When Mary could not find the right clothes she desires to wear, she would bring a pile of them into Valeria’s house in pajamas just to get her advice. “I need your assistance” she said, moving swiftly across Valeria’s bedroom and placing her crumple clothes carefully on top of her bed.

“Mary…” she sighed, rubbing her temples. Her heart was now beating steadily inside her chest and she was quite thankful for that. She couldn’t handle it anymore if her best friend would scare her until she dies… she still have dreams to fulfill for god’s sake. “You brought all of your clothes here again” accepting her friend’s apology from a while ago, Valeria slipped her chosen underwear and put on her chosen clothes. It’s not really an embarrassment for the two of them to dress in front of each other, it has been a hobby of the two since they were young.

Mary’s eyes twinkled with jealousy as she allowed her eyes to rake through Valeria’s attire. “I like that clothes you have on” her voice made it obvious of the envy she felt towards her. Chuckling, Valeria began to fumble through the pile of clothes Mary had brought with her and later on came up with the choice of her wearing a three-quarter, font-draped blouse and a cream colored shorts. It definitely goes well with the shoes Mary had on.

Handing them to her best friend, a smile appeared on Mary’s lips while she skipped towards the bathroom in a cheery manner. She swiftly closed the door behind her while Valeria walked slowly towards in front of her dresser and sat down on the chair to enhance her weary look. She grabbed the lip gloss and spread a thin layer amount of it on her lips. She was naturally pretty—as her mother always say—and she doesn’t want applying a thick layer of make-up on her face for she does not want to look like those fake barbies walking around. She would want to keep her looks simple. After applying some foundation on her face to cover up those nasty eye-bags, she lined her oval-shaped eyes with the eye-liner and applied some mascara to enhance her long, thick lashes. Just all that and she looked fresh.

Mary came out on the same manner as she did before entering. She was wearing the clothes that Valeria chose and modeled it around like a professional. The two always shared some unique passion. When Valeria could style and partner up clothes, Mary could model them around with grace and poise. They both made each other a pact when they were younger that Mary would model her finale dress if she ever could host a cat-walk to model all her designs.

“What do you think?” Mary asked, giggling.

“You simply…” Valeria found herself lost, “gorgeous.” She finished.

Mary smiled and walked over behind her seat. Mary’s talent? Hairstyling.  She looked at Valeria straight in the eye through her reflection in the mirror. Grabbing the comb, she started raking it through her wet, messy hair. She pulled the drawer from her right, picked up the blower and plugged it on the electric socket. Turning it on, she blew it across her friend’s hair, slowly drying.

Minutes later, Valeria’s hair now hangs straight from her back. She was simply amazed by how her friend can fix a bad hair day. She looked at her reflection in the mirror and admired the beauty that her friend enhanced.

“See? Now you look gorgeous” she said, straightening her back.