Chapter 2: It's only the start

Chapter 1

Snuggling closer to her comforters, Valeria got pleasure from the comfort provided by her cozy, warm bed. Her messy, tangled hair swept over her face in an unruly manner while her soft snores echoed slightly inside her room. Her dreams were field with mind-blowing moments with a handsome prince charming which face she couldn’t decipher. A smile slowly spread across her face, but before the stupefying kiss could finally be met, her alarm clock rang discordantly in her ears. Being brought out from her fantasy, Valeria sat up straight in surprise and sighed wearily.

Never shall her dreams come true.

“Honey! Breakfast is ready!” her mother, Kayleigh, hollered from downstairs. Her voice was filled with sweetness and excitement as Valeria usually hears.

“Coming!” She answered. Headache pounded between her forehead and she rubbed her temples in frustration. Brushing the messy knots in front of her face, she swung her feet out of bed and groggily walked in front of the mirror. Gawping at her reflection, she exhaled loudly as she scrutinized her somnolent expression. Her blond hair was in disarray and tousled. She looked really unpleasant, especially those weary bags that formed under her eyes.

That’s what you get for staying up late. She thought to herself, sauntering towards her cabinet and pulling the doors open to grab a fresh, neat towel. Valeria spent her whole night designing new clothes for her mother’s fashion designing magazine and company, of course. She happens to inherit her mother’s unique talent—as she always calls it—and desires to be like her sometime in the future. She adores her mother as much as a fan adores a star, and that’s how they are.

Opening the door to her bathroom, she hanged the towel on the rack beside the shower and swept open the curtains. Valeria cautiously stripped her clothes and threw them in the laundry basket. Twisting the knob, the water whooshed out of the shower head and started pounding onto her back. She shivered under the temperature and regretted the fact that she didn’t check how the water was. Clenching her teeth, she sped her bath and rushed out of the shower in a hustle, grabbing the towel and wrapping it around her body.

She hastily entered her air-conditioned bedroom and started rummaging through her closet to find descent clothes for today’s school. Though Valeria desired to just stay home and continue pursue her dreams by designing more and more clothes, she’s eager to because of the willingness to finish college and fulfill her fantasies on becoming a famed fashion designer just like her mother. After what seemed like 5 minutes, she found some off-shoulder white top, denim skinny jeans which she decided to pair with her black, ankle-high boots that her mother bought her last Christmas. Being a fashion designer also made Valeria conscious for partnering certain clothes that does and don’t go well. That’s how she met her best friend, Mary, and from then on asked for tips on the clothes she would wear for the day.

“Val!” Mary barged into her room, making Valeria’s heart lodge into her throat, she just hates it when her friend scares her like that. Val was the nickname that Mary usually calls her. Though no matter what, the two shares a different kind of bond. Regardless of how crazy Mary is or how opposite she is to Valeria, the other serves as a missing piece of puzzle to the other.

“”Mary! God, how many times do I have to tell you not to scare me like that?!” she chided, spinning around to meet her best friend by the door.  Her eyes were wide in shock with her heart hastily racing inside her chest. Mary had her brown hair bouncing off her shoulder in soft curls, her hazel eyes flashed her, a silent plea, while her lush pink lips formed a cute pout.