TEN

Chapter Ten:

Mark was stunned as soon as he realised what Robbie had just done. He was so stunned in fact that he couldn't move. Thoughts were running through his mind at high speed and his heart had sped up to an alarming rate. What was Robbie doing?

Robbie had his eyes closed and his lips were still pressed against Mark's as he kissed him. It was only after a few seconds that Robbie realised that Mark hadn't moved. He instantly knew that this had been a bad idea, he knew that Mark would never feel the same and that doing this had done more harm than good. Maybe he should have just told him instead. Or maybe, he should have just kept it to himself.

Robbie quickly pulled away and looked down, unable to even look at Mark. He knew he had just messed everything up. What had he been thinking?

He slowly looked up at Mark who was staring at him with wide eyes. His breathing was slightly quicker than normal and Robbie just hoped that he wasn't angry with him. Though, if he was, Robbie wouldn't be surprised.

"I... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that." Robbie said as he quickly looked away from Mark.

Mark didn't move and continued to stare at him. He didn't know what to say, he was completely speechless after what had just happened.

"I've messed everything up, I'm sorry Mark." Robbie said as he put his head in his hands. Mark then realised that he had to say something to sort this out.

"Robbie," Mark started. "I... What was that for?" He asked eventually. Robbie looked up at Mark who still had a look of shock plastered on his face. He knew he was going to have to tell him now; there was no way he could get out of this; not after what he had just done.

"Are you sure you can't remember what I told you a couple of weeks ago?" Robbie asked, but Mark shook his head. "I said I loved you." Robbie admitted slowly, making sure that Mark heard him.

"You always say that though," Mark said, trying to brush off what Robbie had said.

"Not like that I don't." Robbie said. "And I don't say it that often."

"I don't understand, Rob." Mark said. Robbie sat up straight and took Mark's hands into his.

"OK, listen, I should have told you this years ago, but I was always too scared and kept putting it off. The reason I'm telling you now though, is because it'll be my last chance to do so. If I don't finally tell you now, I'll never tell you and you'll never know how I really feel." Robbie said. Mark just looked at him. "Mark, I... I love you. I always have. I love you more than I should." Robbie finally told him. He suddenly felt like a lot of weight had been lifted off his shoulders.

Mark stared at him, unable to think of anything to say. His silence made Robbie feel uncomfortable and all Robbie wanted was for Mark to say something – anything.

"You love me?" Mark asked slowly, Robbie nodded.

"Yes," he said.

"For how long?"

"I think I first realised about 1993." Robbie told him. "I should have said something to you back then, but I was 19, Mark, I didn't know how." Robbie looked down and Mark gently put his fingers under Robbie's chin and slowly lifted his head up so Robbie's eyes were level with his. Robbie lowered his eyes and Mark put his hand on Robbie's cheek causing Robbie to look back up. As he did, Mark slowly leaned in and rested his forehead on Robbie's before leaning in completely and locking their lips together.

Robbie was shocked for a second, but soon began to kiss back. It started off gentle and innocent, but just as it began to get more passionate, Mark began to pull away. He kept his forehead on Robbie's and looked into his eyes. Robbie grinned at him and Mark's face lit up for the first time in months as he couldn't help but grin back.