New York, the big apple of my heart: Chapter 14

Start from the beginning

I called Mom, she told me she wasn't at home and she couldn't come back before five this evening. Luckily, I saw Mrs Hodge, the housekeeper and she opened for me the entrance and the apartment.

"Wanna go in?''

"Yeah."

We went inside. He sat in the living room. It was the first time he saw my house.

"Make yourself comfortable. I'm gonna take a quick shower. Don't you dare try to move."

"Fine, fine."

I took my shower, very quickly, so I wouldn't let him explore my home and our things. Why had I invited him anyway? Maybe for the compagny. Maybe because I didn't feel like before when I saw him, the heart racing, eyes filling with tears thing. I checked once or twice that he wasn't spying on me. And surprizingly he wasn't. Perhaps what he said before was true. Maybe what he felt for me had only been temporary. But what about me? was I alright as I thought I was? I mean-he was my one. Why didn't I feel weird anymore in his presence? Maybe because I can say we are friends now. Still better than nothing.

I wore a pair of new jeans Mom brought me. She brought me thousands of new clothes and shoes, and she throwed my old ones, with the help of her new best friend Nelly Moffat.

I went out to the living room where Leo was talking on the phone. Too bad I hadn't been there earlier, maybe I would have heard the conversation.

I poured some water for me and gave him a glass of lemonade.

"I forgot to tell you... I got a girlfriend."

I choked with my water and began to cough. WHAT? DID HE JUST SAY HE HAD A...GIRLFRIEND?

He began to tap on my back, obviously satisfied of my reation. He was just trying to make me jealous, wasn't he? He can't-it's just impossible for him to have a girlfriend. At least a real one. He can't be in a relationship. He's the anti-love and shit like that.

"Right" I stuttered, the coughing going away. "And who is the girl?"

"Lauren Moffat."

"You're kidding me, right?"

"No I'm not. I like her." he said. "I've got a great idea: maybe we could...go on a double date. Lauren and I, you and...What's his name?"

"Dominic." I said, annoyed.

"Right. Dominic."

"Uh...Yeah...I mean...Why not?" I stammered.                                      

                                                *                                     *                                      *

When Leo left, satisfied because he had made me jealous, I stayed twenty minutes staring at my cellphone, hesitationg between calling or not Dominic. I needed to talk to Lizzie. She would know what to do in this situation.

I rode in a cab to the hospital, which kept Lizzie for three nights for observation. When I arrived, I asked the nurse if there was anyone there, because I needed some privacy with her. I can't talk about my relationship problems with the Thompsons in the room, right?

"No, come on in. Mr Thompson returned home for lunch and Mr Leo is not here yet." she said to me.

I thanked her before going inside Lizzie's room.

She looked really good, especially for a person that had had brain surgery three days ago. 

"Hey Liz."