Chapter 1

Chapter 1

     Justine's life had been nearly perfect until the day her father filed for divorce against her mother. He had been sneaking around with a minor of the church and this had lead him to prison. The conference had no other choice, but to take away his pastoral rights and duties. Justine's mother had been heartbroken and had given up on everything, including Justine. She eventually committed suicide. Justine had no other person to live with than her sick aunt Meg in South Carolina. Aunt Meg could not be on total watch of Justine so this helped Justine to get involved in drugs, smoking, and even ditching school.

      One day, the police had been patrolling around the neighborhood. She was calmly walking over to some druggies when the police suddenly showed up and locked them up. One of the policemen looked at Justine suspiciously.

     “Hey. Ain't you supposed to be in school young lady?” The policeman asked her while jutting his chin towards the school.

     “Err...I was just heading there,” Justine said as her palms began to sweat against the strap of her skull printed tote bag. 

     She managed to remember that her first class was Biology, that Monday and groaned as she dragged herself into the lab. The last time she went to Biology was a week ago. Some guy named Markus had threw some frog guts they were dissecting at her. She was automatically dismissed from the class and never came back, not until today. As she entered the class the teacher was calling off everyone's names in pairs and just as she entered, her name was called.

     "Justine Pawlowski and Jacob Lowe," he called.

     Everyone was shuffling around as she strolled into the class. She lightened up after she realized who she'd been paired up. Jacob was the first person she met at Midway High and he'd been kind enough to show her around on her first day of school. That was their first and last encounter, but she had without a doubt, remembered him.

     He was about five 'ten with gorgeous light-blue eyes, light-brown skater hair, and tanned skin. Most girls who crossed his path adored him because he was witty, funny, and intelligent. Unfortunately, he barely paid attention to these girls. He was too busy trying to get good grades for med school and finding new ways to inspire the youth to come to his church's Christian Club, Youth Inspired. He was one of the friendliest people she had ever met and yet she couldn't help but wonder why he kept his circle so small. After their pair-up in Biology, group assignments occurred more often and the teacher made the pair-ups permanent.

     Eventually, they became good friends and often hung out together. Over the course of three years their friendship grew and Justine's morals and values evolved. Fortunately, she stop thinking of suicide, stopped cutting her wrists and stopped missing school . Though she never stopped looking like a Goth because it was her thing, she did try to come to church now and again. That invitation lead to Jacob to form a New Year’s resolution which was to help Justine become a Christian. He never pushed Justine to go to church or anything. He just knew that she was almost ready just by her change and the way she hid her Christian devotionals from him. This often made him smile and he was determined to help her. He was not sure whether he would succeed, but He laid everything in God's hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the right side there is a picture of Justine and Jacob. :) Thanks for reading ! :D Please vote, comment and share! Love you all to the galaxies and back and so does Jesus! Thankies once again! Have a wonderful day cause you deserve it! :) <3