Just another accidental on the freeway of this life

(Frank's Pov)

A few days later, we arrived in Portland, Oregon. The tour was nearly done, and I never seemed more relieved. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love playing shows and touring with my now closest friends. But I missed everything that resembled being in my dorm most of the day and skyping Gerard for an ungodly amount of hours. Even if it meant going to most of those dreadfully boring lectures and classes. I missed taking a shower at whim aside from when ever we got to the nearest gas station to wipe ourselves down with lemon scented disinfectant wipes.

The rest of the band was excited about getting a room tonight for the next two days. They insistently went on and on about how they'd stay glued to the bed, and enjoy the amount of sleeping space they got compared to what they had in the van. Matt and Ray called dibs on the first showers of the two rooms we planned on booking. And I managed to claim the first to use it the night before we have to leave again.

Ray pulls into the parking lot of a blandish painted yellow building, with a half lit sign at the front that read, 'Red Roof Inn'. As soon as the van was parked near the lobby entrance, Ray and I stand near the reception desk.

Soon after arriving, a tall short haired brunette walks up from behind the desk. She was seemingly young but the wrinkles around her blue eyes said otherwise. "How may I help you?"

"We need two rooms, with a double queen and a single queen please." Ray cheerfully demands as he handed her his debit card.

"Dude. I thou-" I begin before being cut off by Ray's smiling gesture.

"Consider it a birthday gift." He smiles again.

"Fine, but why two rooms?"

"Like I said, consider it a birthday gift." He playfully winked at me as he was handed the keys to the rooms along with his card.

Later that day, after playing the last show for the next few weeks I was mentally and physically exhausted. Playing shows always took alot out of me. Considering I did put alot of energy into them as well. But then again, it's one of the best adrenaline rushes anyone could possibly have.

Many people asked about the song I played a few shows back. Most of which I had nearly forgotten since it was pretty much an improvised song. I've only played it once after that first time in Montana. Secretly I wondered whether or not Gerard had seen the footage of when I first played it. But seeing as I hadn't talked to him in over a week or so, I doubt it. I really did think he would maybe call to ask me about it. Something. Anything. I guess not.

Ray comes up to me as I sat in the passenger seat of the van with the door wide open. "What's wrong, man? You look like shit." He stares at me with a sympathetic smile and leans against the frame of the door.

"You'd look like shit too if you've gotten the amount of sleep I've been getting and still manage to play these shows." I take a long deep breath, preparing to let whatever stress I have go. Sort of. "Aside from this silent treatment crap with Gerard. I'm fucking peachy."

"Hm." He softly grunts before letting out a wide smile. "Look Frank, don't worry about it. Tomorrow's your birthday, I'm sure everything will be fine by then."

"What makes you believe that? You haven't been through this kind of shit, Ray. You have no idea how tiring this is." I finally turn my head to look at him again, with tears beginning to build in my eyes.

Ray simply grins and pats my shoulder. "Tomorrow will be awesome, I promise. I have some friends that will help with this Gerard business, and they'll have shit that'll make you forget that it's happening. I swear, just hold out until tomorrow. I planned this for a reason."