Chapter 8

can I just say

ben barnes is like

wow.

*~*~*

Scarlett Dove walked out of Hogwarts and towards the Black Lake, where her boyfriend, Tyler, sat, waiting for her, a picnic basket next to him and a red and white checkered blanket on the grass. Scarlett grinned and sat down on the blanket as he opened the basket, taking out the cliche picnic foods. Sandwiches, grapes, strawberries, etc.

"Tyler, this is amazing," She gasped, picking up a sandwich, perfectly cut into the shape of a dog.

He looked down sheepishly, with a small smile.

"You told me dogs were your favorite animal.."

Scarlett mentally squealed.

"You remembered!"

"Of course I remembered, Scarlett. You're my girlfriend," He said with a grin.

But what both of them didn't know, was that Sirius Black was almost-but-not-really inside of the Forbidden Forest, watching them like hawks, and sending dirty looks at Tyler.

Tyler, he spat in his mind, with a shake of his head, Didn't know Scarlett could stoop so low.

He almost blew up when Tyler gently pushed a piece of hair away from her face. She smiled at him, and Sirius could barely hear what she was saying.

"Tyler,"

"Yes, love?" (I don't know why, but whenever I have someone say 'love', I always feel the need to put a comma before. Like, 'Hello, love.' I don't know. I don't even know why I put this here.)

"This is the longest I've been in a relationship.." She began.

Tyler looked nervous as he watched her tentatively.

"And I just wanted to say that, uh, I care about my image and currently my image is 'a player'.."

"Are you saying what I think you're saying?"

"Yeah. I like you and all, but I don't think it's gonna work out-"

Tyler stood up angrily, grabbed the dog shaped sandwich out of her hand and threw it to the ground, stepping on it. Scarlett watched in pure amusement as Tyler went on a full rampage, throwing the picnic basket around, stomping on the sandwiches, and kicking the plastic box filled to the brim with grapes.

"Are you done yet?" Scarlett said, rolling her eyes at the dramatic boy.

He stopped suddenly, turning to stare at her and tilting his head.

"You're not running? Or screaming?"

"Of course not. Many guys have done this," said Scarlett, her lips turning up in an amused smile. "Now why are you on a rampage, hulk?"

"What's a hulk?"

"It's a- Never mind. But really, why?"

"Well.. My friends and I made a bet that I could get you to fall in love with me by the end of the year.." Tyler  said, scratching the back of his neck and glancing up at her, looking scared.

Scarlett went on a similar rampage that the young boy had only minutes before. She kicked the grapes and strawberries, jumped and stomped on the sandwiches, and threw the seemingly new picnic basket into the Black Lake.

The two glanced at each other, and then burst out laughing, looking around at the mess the two had created.

"Merlin, this is gonna be horrid to clean," Scarlett said, looking at Tyler with a grin.

Tyler wore a similar expression as he looked back at her, then glanced at the mess again. He took out his wand, muttered something under his breath, waved it, and instantly the entire mess disappeared.

"Oh, no, the grass looks too nice in that spot," Scarlett said, pointing to a random patch of grass.

Tyler grinned at her and laughed, shaking his head.

"You are something,"

"Tell me something I don't know," Scarlett said, and the two of them walked back to the castle together, chatting happily as if the previous events had not happened.

Sirius watched after them in disgust, and followed after them, under James' invisibility cloak. He continued to follow them as they mindlessly walked around Hogwarts until they reached the Great Hall, knowing that they had finished 'lunch' early, and they both went to sit at their separate tables to eat, as they had not during their 'picnic'.

Sirius went back to the Boy's Dormitories quickly, threw the cloak off, and then rushed to get to the Great Hall before lunch ended. Although he didn't exactly think that were his true intentions, as the image of Scarlett laughing with Tyler floated through his mind.

He shook his head, trying desperately to get rid of the thoughts, and also trying not to admit that those were, in fact, his true intentions.

He sighed angrily, ran a hand through his hair, and took a deep breath as he entered the Great Hall, smoothing out his hair so that nobody saw. With all the fangirls he had stalking them, they were sure to know that he only messed up his hair when he was mad.

"Hello, mate!" James said as he sat down next to him, and across from Scarlett.

Although he didn't at all feel in the talking mood, he forced out a reply, nevertheless, because he knew his mate would just tease him if he knew what he was thinking.

"Hi," He replied shortly, piling food on his plate and picking at it.

"So, did you hear that Scarlett broke up with Tyler?" James said nonchalantly.

Sirius gave James a suspicious look.

"You never listen to gossip, Prongs," Sirius said. "Why are you telling me this?"

James shrugged.

"No reason. Hey, did you hear about Bove?"

"What are you talking about now, James?"

"Bove! It's the new ship going around! No one knows who started it, though,"

James grinned cheekily at his best friend. He was the one who had started the rumor, and now everyone was in on it, not including Sirius' fan girls who were obsessed with him and wanted him all to themselves.

"And who is in this ship?"

James smirked, and was tempted to say that he was the Captain of S.S. Bove, but resisted.

"I don't know. I think it's Dove and that weird Blark kid," (Yes, I meant to spell it that way.)

"Who the heck is Blark?"

"Duh! Blake Blark!" James said, as if it were obvious.

"What are you talking about, James?"

James pointed to a boy at the Hufflepuff table, but, when Sirius went to look at him, he went all blurry like Sirius had suddenly needed glasses.

"That's Blark!" James said.

Sirius gave his friend a strange look before going back to doing his favorite thing, staring at Scarlett.