Chapter 3

Scarlett Dove woke up with a yawn and a sigh, rubbing her eyes. She smiled as she remembered it was the weekend. And that meant Hogsmeade. And that meant Sirius.

She got dressed (Picture above!) and slipped on her beanie, leaving the dorm, thanking Merlin that she got out before Lily woke up. She left for breakfast, sitting down next to Sirius. His jaw dropped and she laughed, smiling.

"Y-You look ni-nice." He stammered.

She grinned at him.

"Thanks, Black. Not so bad yourself." She said, looking him up and down.

Sirius rolled his eyes and beamed at his friend.

"So, what are we gonna do in Hogsmeade?"

"Honeydukes, Zonko's, and Three Broomsticks?" Sirius suggested.

Scarlett nodded.

"Okay. Sounds good."

*~*~*

Scarlett and Sirius walked through Hogsmeade, entering Honeydukes with a grin.

"Alright Sirius, you go all out and buy the entire store. I'll wait here, yeah?" She said, leaning against the wall of the store near the front.

Sirius gave her a curious look.

"You'd rather wait then go shop?"

"I didn't plan on getting anything, so I didn't bring any money." She shrugged.

Sirius gasped and grabbed her hand, dragging her in the shop.

"Scarlett Dove, you go pick out whatever you want and I'll buy it."

"Sirius Black, I forbid you from buying me anything."

"Come on!" He whined.

Scarlett sighed, and grabbed a single chocolate frog.

"There."

Sirius huffed and took it, crossing his arms and sticking his bottom lip out.
"Go pick out another thing."

Scarlett groaned.

"Sirius!"

"Scarlett! Go pick something out!"

Scarlett glared at Sirius and grabbed a small licorice wand.

"That's it."

"You're the only girl I have ever met who doesn't like people buying stuff for her."

Scarlett rolled her eyes but smiled.

"Now go! Go buy all the chocolate frogs you want, okay? Take as long as you want, and I'll wait here."

Sirius grumbled as he went to find the Pumpkin Pasties. Scarlett remained in the corner of the shop, watching people pass by. She watched Sirius with a smile, and noticed how his eyes lit up when he was happy. A few minutes later, Sirius came back and handed Scarlett her two items. They sat outside and ate their sweets together, laughing.

They went to Zonko's next, and it was the same process as Honeydukes was. Sirius had to beg Scarlett to get something, because he didn't want her to leave without anything. She ended up getting a dungbomb, which she said she would use on one of her many exes. Sirius laughed at that.

Scarlett, luckily, had brought a bag with her, and they put all the stuff they had in there. They headed to The Three Broomsticks next. Scarlett, for the first time that day, willingly got something. She sipped her butterbeer while talking to Sirius.

"Scarlett?"

"Yeah?"

"Why do you date so many people?"

Scarlett smiled at him.

"If I tell you, I'd have to kill you."

Sirius rolled his eyes but didn't push her.

"So what do you like to do for fun?" Sirius asked.

She shrugged.

"Draw, sing, play music. That's it, really. You?"

"Prank."

She laughed.

"That all?"

He shrugged.

"I like to go outside?"

"I know that's not all, Black."

He sighed.

"Prank Snivellus."

"About time you admit it." She said.

Sirius rolled his eyes.

"So you can draw?"
"I guess? I don't know."

Sirius raised an eyebrow.

"Really? You 'don't know'?"

"No. It's not like I shove my drawings in people's faces and ask them if they're good."

"Really?"

"Yes, Black. I don't do that, like you probably would."

Sirius grinned and they stood up, leaving The Three Broomsticks.

"Wanna go in Madam Puddifoots?"

Sirius gagged causing Scarlett to laugh.

"Just kidding, Sirius. I went in there once. Hated it. Pink and small and cramped.."

Scarlett shuddered, and Sirius laughed his bark-like laughter.

"Scarlett, you're one of the best girl's I've met."

"I know. And you're one of the best guys I've met." Scarlett grinned.

Sirius rolled his eyes and they walked through Hogsmeade together, cracking jokes and laughing with each other. Soon, though, they had to go back to Hogwarts.

At the entrance of Hogwarts, Scarlett Dove and Sirius Black stood, grinning at each other.

"Sirius, I had a good time. Thanks."

"No problem. I had a good time too."

"I'll talk to you tomorrow, okay?"

"Sure." Sirius said with a smile.

Scarlett entered Hogwarts, making her way to the Common Room. Sirius still stood, watching the place in front of him she just stood. He chuckled and followed her to the Common Room, and, at the beginning of the stairs, waved a goodnight at each other.

*~*~*