Chapter 1: The Sugar Baby App

I arrived at my new dorm. I've always dreamt of dorming at a university. There were two twin sized beds with one night stand in the middle. I started setting my things on the left bed.

"Did you ever take time to think that I might have wanted the left side of the room?"

I spun around at the sudden voice. There was a girl wearing a white V-neck, a body con skirt that tightly hugged her hips, and wedges. I assumed she was my roommate since she had a luggage behind her. In my opinion, she looked a little too dressed up for move-in day.

"Um I'm sorry. Well if you want, I can move my things to the right side?" I offered.

The girl smiled and lightly laughed as she rolled in her suitcase. "No I was just joking. I'm sorry about that. I'm Hyosung." She was intimidating at first, but once I saw her smile and extend her hand towards me, she started to look a lot friendlier.

"Hi, I'm Jieun." I shook her hand and we both started unpacking. I took a peak of her belongings and almost everything she took out was designer. Bags, clothes, accessories; there was so many of them.

Hyosung caught me glancing over at her side and she held up two dresses, "Do you think these are cute?"

"Yeah, very," I admitted.

"Well I can let you borrow them for sure one day."

"How could you afford all of these things?" I asked without trying to sound rude or nosey.

I heard Hyosung hum to herself for a few seconds until she pulled out her cellphone. "I'm gonna let you in on my little secret." She started typing something into her phone and then showed it to me.

"An app called 'Sugar Babies?"' I queeried, reading the app that she opened.

"Mhm. A sugar baby is just a name for girls who...accompany guys wherever they want us to go and they find us through this app," Hyosung explained.

"Yeah...I've heard of the terms 'sugar daddy' and 'sugar baby' before," Those words even felt weird coming out of my mouth. "So...this is how you...uh..."

"It's ok Jieun, you don't have to feel weird asking me these questions."

I nodded slowly. This my first time meeting this girl and she was already sharing this kind of information about herself.

"No, no, it's fine. I'm not judgmental."

"Hey you know, you can download this app too. You're so cute, I think a lot of guys would want to be with you," Hyosung took my phone that was on my bed and started going to the app store.

"Oh n-no, I'm fine. Um I don't think I'm fit for that."

"Hmph, alright for now. But if you're interested, just tell me and I can help you make an account."

My roommate is quite an interesting character.

Started November 9, 2015

A/n* I actually wrote the first few chapters of this story a long time ago, but was always iffy about posting it. But now. Here it is lol