I followed her through to the kitchen, past Charlie's open door - he looked up from his packing and grinned at me when I met his eye. The stench of cooking hit me against and I practically wretched. 

"Okay, no food then." She pushed me away from her into the lounge where I collapsed on the sofa and threw me a packet of medicine. 

"Okay, paracetamol: check. What prep is there to do? Surely everything has been done?" I croaked. Woah, hadn't spoken in a while either. 

"Well, okay, all your stuff is done. But I have to call and book the cabs to the station, email Uni and tell them I won't be there for a couple of weeks and oh -"  She chucked the phone at me "Nathan's called already this morning. He's getting really frustrated that he can't be with you." She mumbled. 

"How do you know that?" I asked. 

"Oh," She blushed Scarlett "Well, Jay told me." 

"You talk to Jay?" I asked. I had had a sneaking suspicion for ages now about the pair of them. 

"No." She said forcefully, throwing her omelet a little too violently onto her plate and gritting her teeth. I wondered why she was responding like that. She used to blush about Jay. She had never got angry before. I wondered if something had happened. 

She flicked on the radio and stayed in the kitchen to eat her food away from me so the smell was contained. I called Nathan. 

"Hello?" Someone answered. It was Max! 

"Max!" I tried to cheer happily, but it sounded a bit hoarse. 

"Hey, Ev! Is that you? How are you, babe? No offence but you sound like shit!" He called enthusiastically. 

"None taken, I know I do." I grinned. He was such an easy person to talk to. "I'm not too bad now. I stood up this morning - score." I said sarcastically. 

"Aw never mind. Better's better, right?" 

I was about to agree when I heard some sort of kerfuffle in the back ground. 

'Hey man I need my phone. Who are you talking to?' 

'Oh, just Ev. She just called.' 

'She WHAT? Give me my phone - I need to speak to her.' 

''Give us a sec, would ya? We haven't chatted in ages.' 

'Neither have I!' 

'Well you get to sleep with her - ' 

'MATE! Shut it!' 

I heard them fighting in the background. There wasn't much being said but several grunts and Oh Shit's . "Hey, Ev. Me again." I laughed out loud when I heard Max return to the phone - poor Nath must have lost. Eventually; however, I got to speak to Nathan. 

"Ev!" He called. 

"Hiya." I choked. 

"Oh, man, Ev. Please say you're better! I've been calling every day - I think Briony's getting really pissed at me." I snorted doubtfully and let him relieve himself of all his guilt. Even if I wasn't too sure why it had accumulated in the first place. I only perked up when he said he'd be home in a few hours. I could stay up till then.

He filled me in on the tour, told me about Max and Michelle not having spoken to each other to the Awards Ceremony - we'd invited her to the wedding but she had politely declined. I sighed and told him of my situation with Sasha and Charlie. They were still very much broken up three months later. They'd moved from being stonily silent and avoiding each other to doing what they want and yelling and shrieking at the other if they happened to cross paths. Unfortunately, since my flat was evidently the destination of choice at the minute, lots of screaming matches had taken place here. We were all starting to worry they were never going to get back together, this was the longest they'd ever been apart.