Twenty One

I was sitting on my couch reading a book and drinking some tea when my phone rang. I got up and glanced out the window. It was still dumping rain. I then ran into my bedroom and dung around looking for my phone. I didn't recognize the number but I answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey Griffin! It's James from the bar the other night. I was wondering if you were free tonight?" He asked. I had to think for a moment to put the pieces together, I then brought the pieces together.

"Oh um yeah, yeah sure. Tonight is perfect." I gave him my address and we both said goodbye. That meant I actually had to get ready. I picked out my clothes and took my shower and did my hair and makeup. I tried to think back to the night I went to that bar. I remember meeting James but I don't remember anything after that. I remember waking up in bed neatly tucked in and a hang over remedy waiting for me the following morning... When it came around 6 there was a knock on the door. James was waiting out there.

"Oh hi." I said. He smiled widely. We then left. He was a perfect gentlemen. He opened the doors for me and pulled out my chair. We began our conversations while picking at the breadsticks.

"I don't know how people can do med school. I can't even see blood without fainting." I said. He chuckled.  We talked about his success. James had a Ph.D in Phycology, Engineering and was working on becoming a surgent.

"It's quite easy actually...." He went on telling me this childhood story of this stuffed animal he had that he loved more than anything. And he accidentally tore part of its chest. He had to perform surgery on the poor thing and ever since then he knew that's what he wanted to do.

"That may be the cutest story I have ever herd." I said still laughing. He was starting to blush.

"So what do you do?" He asked. I swallowed my wine and noticed his suit.

"That is nice suit. Who's it by?" I said. He was confused.

"Uh I don't know." He then took off his jacket and checked. "Calvin Klein." He said

"You have very good taste James.... You should know that I designed that." I said.

"Really?" He started laughing.

"Yes. I am a apparel designer at Calvin Klein." I said.

"Wow. That's actually really cool." He said.

"Please your the one who saves life's, and helps people maintain mental stability and you fix things." I said. Complementing his three majors.

"But millions of people wear your clothes. Celebrities wear your clothes. That's so cool."

"Apparently so do doctors." I joked. We kept talking about our lives and he made me nearly spit out my drink because I was laughing so hard. Once we finished dinner he helped me slip on my jacket and we walked out. Right as we went for the exit we ran into scooter and some lady.

"Oh scooter. Hi." I said. He smiled

"Hello Griffin." He said.

"Uh this is James." I introduced. They shook hands.

"Scott. Uh this is Yael." He introduced the lady with him. She was a beautiful lady. We stood there in an awkward silence for a little.

"Well uh we should go. It was nice to see you." I said.

"Yeah you too. Nice to meet you James." He said. We then left.

"Who was that?" James asked while we walked to his car.

"It's complicated." I said as he opened the door for me. I got in and he shut it. I glanced over to scooter and his lady friend, he actually looked happy. I grinned and soon James took me home.