Wounds

I slowly blink and open my eyes, adjusting to the bright light. Where the hell am I? I try to remember.... And the the memories come flooding back. Edward, the kiss, ..... And Jacob. I shouldn't have been so close. I try sitting up and regret it because my head begins to pound. I moan in pain and I feel something cold against my head. I turn to see Carlisle smiling down at me.
"Bella? how are you feeling?"
"Horrible. My face hurts a lot."
"I'll give you something for that, I was waiting for you to awaken."
"Where's Edward, and Jake?" I ask.
"Edward is waiting for you to wake up, I wouldn't allow him in here just yet, Jacob is very upset with himself, he's running around doing perimeter checks, he thinks that your afraid of him so he doesn't want to be near you." I sigh and close my eyes. Jacob can be so stubborn sometimes. It's my fault, I shouldn't have gotten so close, I know what happened to Emily, I just didn't want them to hurt each other.
"Edward has tried speaking with him about the incident, but he continues blaming himself."
"It's my fault I shouldn't have been so close I knew he was going to phase, Carlisle is my face really bad? is it going to leave scarring?"
"I don't lie to anybody, and I'm going to give it to you straight, your going to have several large scars across your face, and a nose cast on for awhile, your nose was broken and you lost a lot of blood, but it's all going to heal in time."
"At least my face will look more interesting. Do you have a mirror?"
"Are you sure you want to see Bella, it doesn't look very good "
"I'm sure. I've seen worse."
He goes over to a table and opens a drawer, he pulls out a circular mirror and hands it to me cautiously. I take the mirror and slowly bring it towards my face. I'm actually pretty shocked at what I look like. My left side of my face is bandaged and I see that there are splotches of blood staining the white gauze. My right eye is very badly bruised and my face is really swollen. But like Carlisle said, it will heal.
"It's bad, but it'll get better with time."
"Im sorry that your in pain Bella."
"It was my own fault." I say.
We hear a knock on the door and Carlisle opens the door to a tense looking Edward and Alice. They rush to my side and start coddling me.
"You guys I'm fine, I know I look bad but it doesn't hurt that bad."
Edward looks so pained and I try not to reach out and comfort him. Even if were not together anymore, he's still my friend and I don't want to see him hurting over me.
"Edward I'm fine, I've felt worse pain than this, so please stop moping." He smiles that half smile and I feel better. I really wish Jake was here. Hes definitely beating himself up over this. I miss him, I havnt seen him in days, and the one time I did, I had to go and make things worse. I just want him to hug me and hold me. I miss his warmth. Edward must sense what I'm feeling because he stands up and states that he's going to go find Jacob. I'm left with Alice and of course she's already trying to make me pretty. I don't let her touch my hair so she settles for doing my nails instead. She paints them a dark black and adds a coat of black sparkle over them.
"I've missed you Bella, I know that you don't exactly like the whole girly thing, but I miss spending time with you."
"I miss you too Alice, once I'm better I'll let you... Give me a makeover." I almost regret saying it, but I see the happiness in her eyes. Carlisle is sitting at a computer and reading some type of article.
"Carlisle am I allowed to get up and walk around?" he turns and smiles.
"Of course you've been out for 6 days I'm pretty sure you've had enough rest."
"6 DAYS!" I shout
"You were in a small coma, your body couldn't deal with all the pain and put you into a sleep state." So this means that Jake has been blaming himself and feeling bad about this whole situation for six days. I really do hope Edward finds him.
________________________
Sorry I Havnt updated, schools starting soon and I've been busy with my job, but I'm trying to write as much as I can before school starts next week. Hope you like the chapter, it was kinda short.