Imprinting

Jacob grabs my hand and we walk down to our tree. I now see how shooken up he is about me almost jumping off the cliff. He's pacing nervously back and forth and I grab his wrist. He looks at me and my heart skips a beat. God he's so gorgeous.

"Thank you." he says with a smirk.

"I-I didn't mean to say that out loud."

He looks at me with confusion.

I quickly laced my fingers behind his neck, standing directly in front of him. I ran my fingers through the hair at the base of his neck and I saw him swallow nervously. If only he knew I was just as nervous as him. I needed to tell him.

"Bella- what is going on. I dont-" the little crease between his eyebrows he gets when he's upset starts to form and he pulls away. I feel a wave of hurt wash over me.

"Jake whats wrong I was-"

"Bella dont.. Mess with me like that okay." He says it sternly but I can hear the hurt leaking through his words.  He clenches his jaw and looks at the ground.

"Mess with you Jake? I have to tell-" before I can speak he rushes over to the tree and sits on the bark, a little space we sit nestled in between the roots that acts like a bench.

"Bella you don't understand.. How I feel about you. When you do things like that.. It messes with me. Even if you're just joking around with me.. It affects me, Bella. You have no idea.. the things you make me feel. You are hurt I know that and maybe it's selfish..." He takes a breath and looks me in my eyes.

"Bella... I love you. I have been in love with you since we were little kids. I know it's so selfish of me to say this to you with all you've been through these past months, but I can't hold it in anymore. You need to know that you are worthy of love. I hate what he did to you. I don't care about him Bella and you shouldn't either. I am here Bella. I always have been. I will wait as long as it takes. I love you. I will never stop.. Loving you. I will always be here for you. And even if you decide to never love me the way I love you, I will still stay by your side. I don't want anyone else. Do you understand I can't see myself with anyone but you! you're all I think about, you're in my head I just want you!" He stands up in frustration and before I know it I'm wrapping myself around him again. He is startled at first but he pulls me close without hesitation. He nestles his face into the top of my head and sighs. We are in silence like that wrapped around each other for what feels like hours. When we feel the first rain drops falling we slowly pull apart, I look up at him and he looks down at me.. And I feel something I've never experienced before. Everything inside of me was screaming at me to lean in..

"Bella.."he whispers.

We both lean in and we kiss. I wrap my hands around his neck, his arms wrap around my waist and hold me close to him. I can feel his warmth radiating against my skin, through my shirt and sweater. The kiss is sweet and soft, his lips hot against mine. My soul reaches out to him and I feel him everywhere, I feel him in the wind blowing around my face, I feel him in the bark of our tree, I feel him in every single raindrop crashing against our skin, But most of all I feel him deep down in my soul, in every fiber of my being. I can feel our souls intertwining I see a bright light shining through my eyelids, it gets brighter and brighter until I feel the urge to open my eyes, but right before I open them the light subsides quickly and I see my future it flashes before my eyes in small snippets. I see myself with a beautiful emerald ring, in a wedding dress, my pregnant stomach, a baby in a cradle, that baby older and walking...he looks just like Jacob. The images flitter away just as quickly as they appeared. I open my eyes. Jacob is looking at me and there are tears in his eyes. I realize there are tears in my eyes too. He wipes my tears away gently and kisses me once more, his lips forming perfectly against mine. I ask myself why I'm crying, and then I realize, the future I saw.. was real. I wanted the wedding and the baby...I want Jacob.

I'll be by his side and have him forever.

I am his, and he is mine.

"I love you Bella." he whispers softly.

I lean my forehead against his and I mean it when I say it.

"I love you too. Always."

I've never been so sure of something in all of my life.

Now there are no more what if's.

We are one.