Chapter 23: Un-matching Socks

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

I paused and forced more pressure at his neck, “No.”

Dean began to cough, “I’m dying here.” He said, struggling.

“Good.” I glared at him again.

He reached for my hand and held it trying to pull it down. I glared at him, placing more pressure, but for some reason, his warm hands was managed to pull my hand down. I glanced down at my hand as he was holding it, and stared at it.

Dean smiled again, “Oh Taylor,” he grinned, “don’t be like that.”

I looked up at him, “Let go of my hand.”

“Why?”

“Let go of my hand.” I said again.

He smiled again and pulled me closer to him. He wrapped his arms around me and paused. “Why do you want me to let go of your hand, when it’s cold?” He whispered to my ear.

My eyes widened, feeling his warmth as he hugged me tight.

“Why Taylor?”

I just stood there. Knowing nothing as he held me in his arms, Why is my pulse beating faster? I shook my head, I can’t stand this anymore, and I pushed him out. “Why can’t you just leave me alone?” I said to him, turning around.

He paused, “Because you’re my bodyguard.”

I let out a sighed and controlled what was going through my head, after the scene of Dean talking to that girl with the red coat. I turned around and smiled at him, “Is that all?” I said, “Because we need to go.” My voice changed.

Dean glanced up at me, “Taylor is there something you want to tell me about you and Harris?”

I stared at him, What does this have to do with me and Harris?

“Because if you need to,” he paused, “I’ll listen.”

I looked at him awkwardly, “Errr...” I changed the subject, “I was just looking for you before, so that I can take that bracelet off.” I pointed, “Until I saw you being chased by those bodyguards.” I stopped, “By the way, why are you chased by those bodyguards?”

“Taylor,” he said, “don’t change the subject. Is there something between you and Harris?”

I paused, “Why do you want to know?”

“Just tell me.” Dean replied.

“Why do I have to tell you?”

“Because...” He started, “Because I care.”

I raised an eyebrow and laughed, “You really got me there, Dean.” I started walking over to the door, “You’re always good for a player.” I opened the door and glanced back at him.

He stood there for a while thinking, “But I wasn’t,” I heard him whispered.  

My eyes widened.

Dean stopped and glanced back at me and grinned, “You knew didn’t you?”

I paused, “Always did.” I said, turning to the door, Did he say “But I wasn’t”? I shook my head, Must be talking to myself.  

***

“There,” I lifted my head up, “I got it off.” I held the black bracelet in one of my hands.

“Thanks,” Dean smiled at me, touching his wrist as though he had missed it.

I placed the black bracelet in a small plastic bag and zipped the opening. I turned around and glanced at Harris and Rosabel. “So what do you guys want to do now?”