Eight

"Thanks for meeting me here." He said. He felt uncomfortable, I could tell. But I honestly don't have time for any stalling so he should just cut to the chase. "I heard about what happened, sorry for your loss."

Guess news spreads around rather quickly. I mean, the funeral was two weeks ago. I can't even call Chris healthy, he isn't. He doesn't eat, all he does is smoke those damn cigarettes. He's out with friends 24/7 and hasn't spoken to me since we came back from the funeral home. We have had multiple arguments about his attitude, acting like a married couple. I have considered getting rid of him, but now that Mama G is gone, it's time to keep that promise we made.

"Why'd you call me, Sean?" We were in the back of some old closed down restaurant. I didn't know what he wanted, but something about the way he spoke on the phone made me agree to this. It sounded as if he was scared, worn out kind of.

"I called you here 'cause um," He cleared his throat some, "I need help." He couldn't even look me in the eyes. Is it wrong if I were to laugh in his face right now? Me, help him? After he used my money for what the hell ever that I know wasn't anything that was helping him.

"No." I pursed my lips at him, making my way to my car across the street. He stopped me by placing his hand on my arm. His hand was cold, shaking. I looked into his eyes, and fear is all that I can see. I was worried, I mean he was once someone I called my friend. I let him into my house, let him stay with me.

Though he hurt me, I will feel terrible if something were to happen to him. And I'd feel so guilty if something were to happen to him and I couldn't do anything. Even when he came to me for help. "Okay, I will."

A sigh of relief left his mouth, and he tried to embrace me in a hug until I put my hands out to stop him. "This is your last strike Sean. Fuck up and I'm done with you for good." I said inna stern and serious tone.

For a moment it was silent, and he was just looking into my eyes. I could feel his heart beating extremely fast. Finally, giving in, I pulled him into a tight hug.

"I'm here for you." I assured.
•••

"Robyn! You came. You haven't been returning my calls." Ms. Burnett looked at me concerned.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. Things have been rough. But I didn't come here for me this time, I brought a friend." I grabbed Chris' hand, pulling him all the way into her office.

He needed to speak about this, and if he's not going to speak to me, he should speak to her. I don't want to seem forceful, but I can't take the silent treatment and nasty looks anymore. I care about him.

"I'll be outside." I stepped out of her office, and sat in the waiting room. I looked around the room out of boredom. My phone vibrated, I got a text message.

Sean: Can we meet @ 6:30? The old place.

- Chris

"What's your name, son?" The therapist asked me. I didn't want to admit it to Robyn, since we weren't speaking, but I'm glad to be here.

This lady is a stranger, but I think it's better to vent to someone you know nothing about. They can't tell anyone. And you will most likely never see them again. Instead of having to vent to someone you're close to, have them ask a bunch of questions, rather than just listen to you quietly.

"Christopher, but please Chris for short." I shook her hand. She was Caucasian, probably in her middle forties. She had some freckles, her hair a dark brown. And her eyes, small and welcoming.

We both took a seat, her across from me. She crossed her legs, and folded her hands on top of her knees. "What do you want to speak about?" She asked. I took a deep breath, trying to figure out how to say everything that's on my mind. Even the thoughts that didn't make sense.