Føur

3 Months Later...

•••

"Mama G, your faves here!" I yelled through the glass window. I was at the door of a bakery owned by my favorite person in the world. Mama G, she took care of me when I was younger, bought me the best birthday gifts, and picked me up from school. I loved her so much, she knows everything that I been through because I always go to her first.

"Child stop yelling and get inside." I laughed while she opened the door for me and let me inside. I sniffed in the air of what she was making in the kitchen. "Blueberry pie?" I asked. She smiled and nodded, knowing it was my favorite. "I sliced a piece for you already, take it when you leave."

"Thank you." I said while kissing her cheek. "Well, sit down. I didn't call you up here just to see how you were doing." I was confused, but abided by her rule and sat down at one of the tables. "Chris! Come out here, someone I want you to meet." She yelled into the kitchen before her herself sat down at the same table with me.

I looked up from my phone, remembering the name that just came out of her mouth. How does she know him?

- Chris

"Alright." I yelled back to Mama G putting the knife I was using to cut some strawberries down. I made my way into the bakery and saw Mama sitting across from another girl. I could tell because of the purse sitting beside her and her black hair tied into a bun.

I went to go sit next to Mama G, then looked up at the girl across from us. Robyn. How does she know her?

"Well let me introduce you guys. Robyn, this is my nephew Christopher. Chris, this is Robyn. I used to take care of her." She announced. "Uh, we already sort of met before." I heard Robyn speak up.

"Oh well in that case, I have some news for you two." She smiled at us both, so I'm going to assume it's good news. She took a deep breath before saying a devastating sentence.

"I was diagnosed two weeks ago with lung cancer."

It was silent. I got up from my seat about to walk away when Mama G called me back. "Sit down." She directed. "I don't want to he-" "Christopher, sit." She gave me a stern look, and gritted her teeth. (how my mama be when i'm acting up in public lmao)

I hesitantly sat down, folding my hands together. "I wanted to tell the both of you. So that when I-" She started but I cut her off. "If." I stated. She carried along with her sentence. "So that when I pass, you both can be in charge of the bakery."

"Ma, what are you saying? How could this even happen you're such a good person." I looked up at Robyn, who was most definitely about to cry. "Don't cry. Do not." She said, as she joined their hands together. Mama smiled. I don't even know why she over here smiling. This isn't good news.

"Listen to me, both of you." She also took my hands in hers. "I love you both alright? And when I'm gone, y'all need to take care of each other, be there for one another." I didn't mean to, but a laugh escaped my mouth. "We barely even know each other like that." I said.

"Shut up." She scolded me. Okay, guess she wasn't joking. "But I already have a job." Robyn spoke once again. "Quit it. Business is always booming at this bakery. You'll make more here than you do there and finally stop getting your self them damn roommates." Mama said, speaking her mind. She had this all planned, didn't she?

Robyn just stared at her. She looked like she was thinking it through then said, "Okay." "Now don't be sad, neither of you guys. I'll be okay. I just want the two people I love to make a friendship before I'm gone." I quickly slipped my hand out of her grasp.

"Stop with this "When I'm gone" shit. You're not going any where, hear me?" I scoffed, taking off my apron from around my waist and leaving the bakery with the sound of the bell ringing in my ears.

•••

- Robyn

"Sorry for his outburst." She apologized on his behalf. Honestly I don't blame him, but I can see she didn't like his reaction so I'm not going to approve it. I was sad. I mean, I'm not even over loosing Zaria and Jay after two years. Now her?

I didn't realize she had already went into the kitchen and came back out with my slice of pie. I wasn't even in the mood for it any more. "The playground." She said to me. "What?" I didn't understand what she meant.

"You'll find him at the play ground, y'know near the daycare? Tell him to come back here." I nodded my head and walked out side to my car. After putting my purse and pie inside, I started my walk to the play ground.

Soon seeing the bright colored t-shirt he was wearing, I picked up my pace and sat in the swing beside him. There was a moment of silence before I decided to speak. "So, I guess we are going to have to get to know each other." Still looking at the ground, Chris replied. "I already tried that back in the parking lot."

Told you it was getting to know you questions. "I'm sorry about that. I was really tired and wanted to get home quickly. Didn't mean to be rude." "Yeah, you didn't seem like you were trying to "get home quickly" when you was hugging all up on that dude." The hell is he trying to say?

I ignored his somewhat offensive comment and sighed loudly. He finally made eye contact with me. "I noticed something about you." He said to me. "And that is?" How can he notice something about me that quickly when I've only seen him like twice.

"You smile a lot. But it ain't a real one. You not fooling no body." He told me, then broke our contact by looking at the ground again. "I fool everyone, actually. This just proves how much of a creep you are noticing that my smile is fake." I frowned at him. He just looked at me and laughed.

I can't get along with him. I'm already getting sick of his attitude. I got up, ready to make my way back to the car. "Aye! I'm gonna need your number." He called out to me. I puffed out air, before walking back over to him. He took his phone out and I saved my number into his contacts. "When I call pick up, so you can also save mine." I gave him an assuring nod before making my way to the car.

•••

"Hey Robbie!" I tried to get inside the house quickly, but he was already at my porch. "Not today Michael." This dude get's on my nerves almost everyday. He just irks the heck out of me.

"I was just gonna ask if Sean still living with you." Why'd he care? "No. And how do you even know him?" I questioned. "Me and him work together." It still hasn't crossed my mind to remember to ask Sean what he's doing now. "Oh really? What do y'all do?" I asked him.

But his response was weird. "No one tells what happens in the drug game baby." Okay, so a damn pharmacist? He smirked at me before going back inside his house. See, couldn't give me a simple ass answer. I shook my head and got inside my house, kicking off my shoes and locking the door.

I sat in my living room couch, flipping through channels. When nothing good was on I shut it off and grabbed a blanket, wrapping it around my body about to take a nap. My phone rang and I let out a frustrated groan.

It was an unfamiliar number. "Hello?" I answered. "Yeah, it's Chris. This my number so save it." I rolled my eyes, not that he could see me though. "Whatever can I go to sleep now?" His end of the line was silent. I sucked my teeth before hanging up.

•••

I'm not feeling this chapter at all. But aye Chris got a POV. They are both really rude towards each other if you ask me lol. Thanks to every one commenting and voting, I appreciate it. Bae in the MM - bev ✌🏾️