Five

2 weeks later...

I sighed at the eviction notice, rubbing my temples. I was really frustrated with everything that has been going on these past few months. When Sean left, he gave me his half of the money for rent the month he moved out. And I've been calling in sick like crazy so obviously money is coming out of my paycheck.

I've just been distracted, and Chris get's on my nerves so damn much. "I'll move in." He says before popping open a can of Crush. See, he's up in my house, drinking my soda. I don't even know why I let him inside. I turned my head around to see him hovering over my shoulder looking at the letter. Honestly, I have no choice.

"Okay, but first months rent is on you." I said, shrugging. I looked over to see his mouth open a bit. "Now you know that shit ain't fair." He's right, I know it wasn't. But I really didn't care. "Don't steal anything while you're here. Don't go in my room when I'm not here, don't go in my room when I am here. Don't drink any liquids straight from the carton, I got cups. When showering, not more than twenty minuets or all the hot water will be gone. Make sure you put the button back down for the shower head so I don't get wet-"

"But aren't you gonna get wet anyway?" I glared at him, continuing my sentence. "So I don't get wet. Keep your tooth brush separate from mine and buy your own toothpaste."

"Bullshit." He mumbled, but I heard him. "Don't take a shit in the upstairs bathroom or downstairs either. Go to the neighbors house or something."

"What'chu mean the neighbors house? You don't got air freshener my nigg-" I cut him off short. "Oh yeah, and none of your little friends here unless I am present. No smoking in the house or on the porch. Be at least ten mother fucking feet away. Okay, my nigga?" I mocked him. "Whatever, where my room?" He asked.

"The one that doesn't say Robyn on it, duh." He sucked his teeth before walking away, but I noticed his sneakers were still on. "And shoes off at the front of the door please." He mugged me before following my direction. Once he was upstairs I couldn't help but laugh to myself.

The rules I made up were way beyond unnecessary, but I just want to tick him off a little. I guess now that he's living with me, I'm going to need all the fun I can get.

•••

"Ready to go?" Chris asked as I tightened the straps on my sandals. We were going out for lunch, even though there was already food in the house. But hey, he's paying so I'm not going to complain. "Yeah." I grabbed my keys and locked the front door, the both of us making our way to his car.

Once he started the ignition, the volume of the radio was unexpectedly way too loud almost blowing out my fucking ear drums. "Lower that shit." I yelled over the music, while hitting him upside the head. "Okay, damn." He turned the volume down a little.

"You wanna come to a party with me tonight?" He asked me. "How do you get invited to a party and not me?" No really, I'm quiet most of the time but I actually do know a lot of people around here. "I don't even know. Some nigga named Michael invited me. He lives across from you." He informed.

"Oh then no." A party that has Michael is a party I do not want to be at. "Please, I don't know anybody." He begged. I just stayed silent until we reached our destination. I mean, I haven't been out in a while. And maybe a drink or two at this party wouldn't hurt no one. "Fine, I'll go."

"Yay." He smiled with his perfectly aligned, teeth. I just shook my head while we both took a seat at a table. "Ever been here before?" He asked me. "Who hasn't been to Chipotle?" I said in disbelief. "Well apparently me." He mumbled while scrolling through his phone.

"Tragic." I chuckled a bit.

"Hol' up, lemme use the restroom." I nodded my head as he got up making his way to the back. Tapping my nails on the table I looked around, then spotted Sean. "Hey Sean, over here." He looked over to me and smiled while making his way over.