Chapter 23

The white ceiling was currently the most entertaining thing in the room. Sakura's emerald eyes stared above, not blinking even once. So many thoughts roamed her mind, thoughts and emotions taking over her body, making her paralyzed. She was in her own world, remembering everything from the night before.

She gripped the top of the sheet that covered her bare chest, too embarrassed to uncover herself. The sound of heavy breathing made her eyes avert to the man next to her. He was so peaceful in that state and Sakura found herself staring at him. Sasuke's chest was out in the open, the sheet stopping just above his abdomen.

That annoying alarm made her eyes widen, and she quickly pushed down on the off button, weary to not wake the sleeping Uchiha. Turning her head towards him, Sakura made sure he wasn't awake, and quickly got up from the bed to grab her robe. Once the string to her robe was tied, her footsteps led her to her closet, where she picked out her attire for the day. The blush on Sakura's face never left, because she was sore, and she's never felt that feeling before.

Quietly walking passed the bed, the pinkette walked into the bathroom, where the shower awaited her. It was going to be a long day of work, due to the investigation that is planned in South Avenue. Although only she and Shikamaru will be going, the detective is still praying there will be no trouble. Not to mention, she has plans to tell Sasuke before she leaves for work. He's very possessive when it comes to his home, and she doesn't want to cross boundaries, but this is for the good of Sasuke. He wants to find Itachi, and this may be where he is.

The water came out of the shower nozzle, the warmth relaxing her muscles. She tilted her head down, letting her bubblegum-colored hair dangle from the side of her head, and the water massaging the back of her scalp. Sakura let out a sigh, and started thinking about that events of last night.

I gave my v-card away. . .

Sakura was scared to be intimate with him, because she knew she was way out of Sasuke's league. If you take away his reputation, he is considered every girl's dream. Combining gorgeous and built with mysterious and protective, made the perfect man, which was him. Once he closed the door to her room last night, he took it slow and kissed her gently. Sakura never thought in a million years that he could be so gentle with her. The whole time, he made sure she was okay, because that type of stuff was foreign to Sakura. And to say last night was the best night of her life, was an understatement. For some reason, the emerald-eyed woman wasn't awkward about it, because it felt right. Sakura Haruno finally realized that all of those feelings that were bottled up inside her were something more than a small infatuation or crush. All of those canceled out, when she knew it was something more. She was in love with this man. The pinkette just hoped, no, prayed to God that he felt the same way. . . That what happened was not just a fling.

Once her shower was finished, she dried off and put on her attire, which consisted of a short, black pencil skirt that reached just above the knee, and a mid-sleeved, red shirt. Due to her wet, mid-length hair, Sakura carelessly braided her hair to the side, making sure she still looked professional. After applying a bit of mascara, she left the bathroom, only to stop in her tracks. Her breath hitched in shyness when she watched the Uchiha pull on a long-sleeved black shirt, with his black cargo pants already on. Once his shirt was fully on, he looked at the woman and a shade of pink flushed her cheeks.

"Morning," Sasuke said, his usually stoic personality not even wavering, considering the circumstances.

Sakura had no idea what to say then. How can he act so casual? Was everything that happened between them just a dream? Or maybe-

"Are you feeling alright?" The Uchiha asked, cutting off her questioning thoughts.

Looking around the room for no apparent reason, she replied, "Uh- yeah."