Chapter 17

A/N: Sota's armor is like the picture except the yellow that was mentioned is the trimmings like on Wash's armor.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I sat up in my bed and saw that Caboose was still sleeping. I quietly stepped over him and onto the ground. I picked up my clothes for today and went to the base's bathroom. I changed and went back to my room and slid my armor on.

Caboose was still sleeping, so I decided to bring him his armor. I went to his makeshift room and got it.

Tucker looked at me funny. He was up. Good.

"Nightmares." I told him and he nodded.

I laid his armor next to the door and went outside.

Church was still wide awake.

"Aren't you tired?" I asked.

"No. I actually tried to sleep after you left, but I only got four hours."

"Ah. Tucker's up. Hungry as fuck, but up."

Church nodded slowly. "That's good." He seemed as if he was holding something back.

"Church? Is there something wrong?" I asked quietly.

He sighed. "Command called. We're all getting transferred in about a month. Well, except our new person."

"Where is our new person?"

"Talking with Tex. Remember that yellow dude? Turns out she was supposed to be on our team."

"Oh. Tex came back huh."

Church laughed a little. "Yeah. She was kinda pissed."

I chuckled a little.

We were silent for a while.

I broke the silence. "Are we all going to the same place?"

"To be honest, I hope not. I can't stand living with Alien Fucker and Captain Dead Brain sometimes."

I tilted my head to the skies. "What's my nickname?"

Church laughed a little. "You don't have one... Yet."

I smiled.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I got introduced to Sister. She's not the brightest light in the store. She thought Tucker Jr. was a dog.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The days went by quickly. I was mentally counting down to when we'd have to leave. It was pretty much the same thing everyday. Chill at the base, do things with the guys, argue with the Reds.

Wyoming came back and tried to fuck with is but we chased him off. Tex went after him.

The day before we got shipped off, I cried a little. We all did I think.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

We all stood with boxes of our belongings next to us. Three Pelicans had landed on our side of the canyon. That meant one of us was going with another. Or that one of our bases wasn't too out of the way to get to.

Church looked at me. I think he wanted me to go with him. I just turned my head away.

"Leonard Church. Pelican 1."

He took his box and walked to the one marked "1".

He turned right before he entered. "I'll miss you guys."

I nodded and the other two said that they'd miss him too.

"Lavernius Tucker. Pelican 2."

He gave us a nod and walked with his child to that one.

"Micheal J. Caboose. Pelican 3."

Caboose gave me a surprise hug. "I'll miss you, nice lady Sota."

"I'll miss you too." I gulped.

He let go and walked to the third one.

"Taylor Sota. Pelican 3."

I got my box and carried it onto the Pelican. I almost dropped my stuff as Caboose hugged me again. "I get to be with you! The man said."

I laughed. I gave Sister a wave as the door closed. Then I turned to Caboose.

"Let's go get strapped in."