Chapter 1

"Wow. So much activity." I muttered as I pulled my jeep up to the edge of the canyon. I can't believe I'm restarting in a fucking box canyon with little to no activity.

Sighing, I used my rocket boots to descend. I began to walk towards the blue base.

Omicron spoke to me in my head. 'I don't like being so far away from my brothers.'

I sighed. 'Then leave. I can't control you.'

'I don't wanna leave you!' He wailed and I covered my ears, which probably looked strange.

'Don't yell. It hurts.'

'Sorry.'

I continued onward until I stood at the entrance. "Uhhh hello? I-I've come from Command."

A blue head poked out from around the corner and I jumped backward, falling onto the ground.

"Oh, sorry! Hey Flowers, someone from command's here! I made her fall. Bow chicka bow wow."

"Oh God, am I seriously stuck with idiots?" I growled as I picked myself up.

A person with teal armor walked up to me. "Hi there, you must be the new private from Command. I'm Captain Flowers."

His voice seemed strangely familiar, but I couldn't tell why. "Private Taylor Sota. This Blood Gulch?"

"Yessi- ma'am. Sorry, everyone on this team - except you - is a guy."

"I can deal with it." I shrugged and walked in.

Flowers told me who everyone was. "The blue one is Private Tucker."

"Sup?" He said.

"The cobalt one is Private Church."

"Heya rookie."

"Everyone, this is Private Sota, our new addition."

I raised my hand in acknowledgement. Then I turned to Flowers. "Capta-"

"Oh, don't call me that. I don't like it when people call me 'captain'."

"Uhhh alright. Flowers, where's my... uh... room, I guess..?"

He went into 'oh shit' mode I think. "Well, we, uh, don't have an extra room, so you could share with one of u-"

"Nono, I'll set up a tent outside." I said quickly.

"Aww, what's wrong baby? Don't wanna share with me?" smirked Tucker.

"Hell no. Why the fuck would I?" I snapped. "First of all, I am far from liking you. Second of all, I haven't even known you for five minutes."

"Oh great. She's got a tongue." muttered Church.

I decided to ignore that comment and I walked out. I saw a nice, secluded area. When I got there, I set up my tent with the supplies I was sent with. I couldn't reach a ledge to tie up, so I rocketed my way up. As I landed I heard a gasp. Turning around, I saw Church.

"That... Was so cool! How'd you do that?" He questioned.

"Rocket boots, built into my armor... Why are you here?" I blinked.

"Flowers told me to apologize so uh.. Yeaaaaah lets just say I did."

"Wow. One with words." I rolled my eyes.

"Did command give you anything else cool?"

"No..." I thought about Omicron.

"You're lying. You hesitated." Church accused.

"Fine, maybe I don't want to show you him."

"Show who about who?" Omicron's blue and green body appeared and I froze.

"Whoa! What's that thing?"

Omicron teleported in front of Church. "I am not a 'thing.' I am an AI."

Church looked at me and I snapped to Omicron. "Omicron, come back."

Omicron sighed. "Yes, Sota."

He returned and I glared at Church. "Anything else you want to know?"

"Command give you it?"

"Oh my fucking... Yes, yes they did. Now go and take that sniper of yours and go shoot some red guys." I snapped.

"'Go and take that sniper of yours, blah blah blah.'" he mimicked as he walked away.

I looked back at the base and I saw Flowers staring at me. He motioned with his hand to come. I obeyed, seeing as he was my new leader.

"Sota, I've noticed... Things, about you." He told me as we walked away from Blue Base.

"Like what?" I asked nervously. I can't give away my past if I'm to start a new life.

"You're Agent Minnesota, aren't you?"

"No, and why wou-" I began.

"Sota, did you come to erase your past?" Flowers asked softly.

"Project Freelancer was doing bad things," I admitted. "I don't want to be associated with them...Wait, how did you know it was me?"

"Your rocket boots and Omicron. Also, I recognized your voice. Don't you remember mine?" He still spoke softly, as if he was in the same position that I was before.

I shook my head. "I thought it was familiar, but I can't remember for sure."

"I'm Agent Florida. Half the reason I came was because I wanted to get away. The other half was because of orders."

I stopped walking. "So you know what it feels like to want to leave your past."

"Yeah... I remember some things though. I have good memories from Project Freelancer. Like when I met you."

I laughed a little. "How is that good? I beat you like how Tex beat York, Maine, and Wyoming."

"I got to see who I would be fighting with." He laughed too. "We should get back."

I nodded and we walked back. I veered toward my tent and fell asleep once I hit the ground.