Chapter 3

"That's sweet!" Tucker exclaimed. "Who knows how to drive it?"

I looked at the other two and shrugged.

"Tucker, do you know how to?" Church asked.

"Uhhh no. That's why I asked." Tucker replied, annoyed.

"Command sent us a tank... And no one knows how to drive it... WHO'S RUNNING THIS ARMY?!?" Church yelled.

"Idiots, obviously." I said as I landed back on the ground. "Maybe the rookie'll know how to drive one."

"Doubt it. Everyone we get is a fucking idiot." Church growled.

I walked over to him and glared. "Idiot? I'll have you know, I've probably shot more people than you have and times that you talked to girls combined. Although that's not hard."

Tucker tried to keep from laughing. "Dude, you just got burned. Need some ice?"

Church looked back at me. "How does that mean you're not an idiot?"

"It means that I'm smart enough to shoot 375 people, and you've shot how many?"

"Uhhh... Maybe 50..." Church looked at the ground.

"Thought so. Not everyone on this team is stupid, Church. And I bet you and Private SJ have some smartness in you. You'll just have to dig deep to find it."

"Hehe, 'dig de-'" Tucker began.

"And that's why your nickname is Private SJ." I turned to Tucker.

"Oh c'mon, let me have that one!" Tucker half-wailed.

I sighed. "Fine."

"Bow chicka bow wow."

"So, Church, what do you think we should do with this tank?" I gestured toward the box.

"Take it out, I guess." He walked towards the box. Pulling, he made the four sides fall.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I sat on the roof of our base when another Pelican flew over head. A rope ladder swung down and a person in blue armor climbed down.

"Church," I called as I watched the person climb down, "rookie's here I think."

Church came up to the roof and stood beside me. "Yep."

The newbie looked kinda majestic... until he fell off with a few rungs left. I tried to hold back a laugh.

"Is there anyo- oh. Hello there." The guy said as he saw us.

"Eyo." I spoke casually.

"You the new guy command sent us?" Church asked.

"Uhh... Yes, yes I am. I am Private Caboose."

"Caboose. Hm, sounds kinda funny for a name." I blinked. "But names are weird like that. I'm Private Sota."

Church began to speak, but he got cut off. "I'm Private Tucker."

"I'm Captain Church," Church said as soon as he could, without getting cut off.

"Whoa whoa whoa, you may be the leader, but you're still a Private." I looked at Church.

"Fine. Private Church. Whatever. Sota, give Caboose a tour type of thing."

"Got it." I jumped down from the roof and next to Caboose.

"So, this is the blue base. There's a flag that's blue. Those guys over there," I pointed to the Reds' base, "are our enemies. You'll have to either bunk with one of the guys or sleep outside. Not enough room."

"Ahh." Caboose said somewhat slowly.

"Also, we have a tank that no one knows how to drive. Do you know how to, by chance?"

"Uhh no."

"Oh great." I growled. Then I returned to my normal voice. "That concludes the tour. Any questions?"

"No. I think I got it."

"Great." I walked back to the base and returned to my sitting position.