Chapter 13

I sighed as I looked at the everlasting blue sky. It was just the same old everyday. Throw on our armor and walk around. Of course, I do have my reasons for armor.

Still, it's really boring. They could at least send us a gaming system or something.

Something wavered in the sky. I narrowed my eyes. It seemed as if something was moving across the sky. Or, maybe, to the ground.

A light thud was heard and I sat up. "You guys hear that?" I questioned.

Tucker ran up with his sword. "I was just trying to eat!"

His sword. He found it at a strange complex where we tried to blow up Doc/O'Malley. Instead they lived and we ended up with a bowling bomb with an attitude worse than Tucker.

"A thud, eh? I bet that's what-"

"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ANDY SO HELP ME IF YOU SAY ONE MORE WORD!" I snapped.

"Jeez, jeez. Just trying to have a little fun." The bomb replied. "Stupid shisno."

"Well, we're not so stupid if we created you, now are we?" I growled.

Standing, I walked across the top to where the thud came from.

It seemed to be a pod. At first, you couldn't see it, but then the outside showed. It had a cloaking device on it.

I jumped down and walked towards it.

Church told me nervously, "Sota, I wouldn't do that if I were you."

I laughed. "Chillax, it's not as if an alien will come out."

I turned around and right as I touched it, the door opened. And what was standing there? An alien! I quickly rocket booted myself into the sky and aimed my rifle at it.

"Not as if an alien will come out." Church mocked me.

Tex must've been sleeping. She came out from the base.

Tex and Church found new bodies.

"Blargh blargh honk." The alien said.

"Uhhh.... What?" Tucker asked.

"You're not gonna understand it, genius. It's an alien." I rolled my eyes.

Tucker smirked. "It seems like a pest. Maybe I should swish-swish-stab it." He took his sword that he found at the complex a few years back.

Bad move. The alien tackled him and started beating him.

I stifled a laugh.

Church laughed as he spoke. "Wow Tucker, that thing either really hates that sword or he hates you."

"I know why he's attackin' ya." Andy piped up from his spot.

We all turned to look at him.

"You guys couldn't understand him when he spoke, but I did. Something about the teal one with the sword - Tucker as you know him - is a part if this prophecy thing. It's like a quest blah blah blah with stuff at the end."

Tucker spoke between pained breaths. "Like rewards?"

"Yeah."

The alien got off Tucker and he stood quickly. "Alright, let's go."

I floated down. "What? You're just... Leaving?"

"Well, why not? I kinda need to leave if I'm part of this prophecy."

I shrugged. "Alright."

"You're not coming with?" He sounded a little hurt.

"Why would I? Take Caboose and Andy." I scoffed.

He reluctantly glanced at Caboose and Andy. "Fine."

Church walked up to Tucker. "Don't worry, you'll be fine... I think. If we don't hear back, Sota'll come get you."

I snapped my head to Church. "What makes you think that I'm part dog and that I'll be able to track them?"

"Well, they'll leave behind clues or something."

I sighed. "You guys'll be back. I... I promise." There's a word that's always made me feel weird.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Good luck with your quest thing!" We called after the four as they left.

"You know Tex, I'm surprised you're not going with." Church told her.

"Why?" She asked.

"Usually with quests there's a big reward at the end." He continued for a few more seconds. Then he paused. "She's gone isn't she?"

"Yep." I watched as her dark armor turned around the corner.

"At least we'll have the base to ourselves." Church shrugged as we walked back to the base.