Back

I fixed the collar of my flannel letting out a big sigh. I knocked on Cass's door waiting patiently. She yelled for me to come in and smiled when I entered.

"Cassidy Richfield, will you join me on a date?" I said getting on one knee.

She thought for a moment and nodded. She hobbled over to her bag digging for some clothes. She went to the bathroom and walked back out after 10 minutes. I helped her down the stairs and smiled.

"Where we going?" She asked buckling up.

"The movies?" I replied smiling.

She smiled and looked out the window. When I pulled into the parking lot, I helped her out onto her crutches as we headed inside quickly. I bought us snacks and we were talking about how much we liked this movie. It was an old one but we liked watching those. We sat down and kept silent until one of the sad scenes came up. Everybody started sniffling and I looked over to Cass. Tears running down her cheek. I handed her a napkin and she smiled. She rested her head on my shoulder hugging my arm. I smiled and held her hand.

After the movie, we went to go get some coffee at Timmys. I sighed taking a sip.

"Thank you Shawn" she smiled holding my hand.

"For?"

"Everything! Taking care of me, these wonderful dates, you really love me don't you?" She replied.

"More then anything"

She smiled and pecked my cheek. We headed out to the car as I opened the door for her. I pulled up to my driveway helping her out again. She hobbled up the stairs to my bedroom and I leaned my head against the door frame.

"Thank you Shawn" she yawned.

"No problem Cass" I replied trying to leave.

"Wait Shawn-" she said.

I turned around to look at her.

"W-will you lay down with me?"she asked.

I smiled and nodded walking over to her. I nestled into bed with her as she rested her head on my chest. I kissed her forehead and she looked up at me. She pressed her lips on mine and I deepened the kiss by cupping her face. She let go fluttering her eyes open. I smirked as she smiled at me. She rested her head on my chest again and fell asleep.

---

Cassidy woke up gasping and holding her chest. She looked around which made me freak out.

"Oh my god! What happened to my leg?!" She yelled looking at her cast.

"You got into a car accident Cass?" I replied confused.

"Shawn?!" She yelled hugging me tightly.

"You're okay- oh my god thank goodness!" She sobbed into my chest.

"Cass?"

"What happened?" She said.

"Well we were driving in the-"

"The stitches car!" She yelled.

"Wait you remember?!" I said loudly sitting up.

She nodded and smiled.

"Who's my best friend?" I asked reassuring that she gained her memory back.

"Uh Ian?" She said confused like it was a dumb question.

"Oh my god! Cass you got your memory back!" I yelled hugging her tightly.

"Yeah I guess it all came back to me in dream" she said covering herself with the blanket.

"I'm so happy you're back Cass" I smiled.

She smiled and kissed my lips.

"Can you help me take bath?" She asked crippling over to the bathroom.

She smirked and waited. I tripped over to her and smiled. I helped her into the bath taking off my shirt so I wouldn't get it wet. She smiled as she splashed the water onto her arms. She pecked my lips and I smiled back.

"I love you" she said.

"I love you more" I replied kindly.

---

It's been at least a month since the car accident and Cass's leg is healing faster then ever. She's worried though because she wants to try out for this dance team and its in two months. She's worried that she won't make it in time to try out or won't make the team. She's really good but she doesn't believe it. She walked downstairs all by herself with a big smile on her face.

"Hey baby" I said kissing her cheek as she sat next to me.

"Shawn what if I don't make it?" She asked worried.

"Cass- you're such an amazing dancer and you'll make it please trust me on this one" I replied grabbing her hand.

she sighed and smiled.

"Thanks baby" she said pecking my lips.

---

Tryouts are today and I'm sitting at the top of the gym watching all the dancers tryout. Super nervous for Cass. I really want her to get this since she didn't get to be in the musical. She walked out wearing booty shorts, a tank top, her hair up in a high ponytail, and her number stuck to her thigh. I smiled and leaned in watching her. I looked over at a group of girls giggling and staring at me. I continued to pay attention to Cass as the music started. Okay, let's get something straight. Cass is a good singer but damn she can dance. She did like 5 flips with no problem. She was dancing to the song Worth It by 5H. She did some turns and ended in the splits.

"Holy fuck" I mumbled to myself.

"Whoo! Go baby! Ow ow!" I whistled standing up and clapping.

She walked off and I ran towards her not minding the girl trying to stop me for my number.

"Oh my god! Holy shit Cass, why didn't you tell me you could dance like that!" I said excitedly.

She shrugged and chuckled panting heavily. I handed her a water bottle I had and she chugged it.

"Can I have Cassidy Richfield, Wendy Ashburg, Brandy Thomas, Michelle Witherspoons, Yesenia Romo, and Pamela Juraz out on the floor please?" The coach said.

She pecked my cheek and ran out.

"Congratulation girls welcome to Dancers In Motion Academy!" She said smiling.

They all jumped up and down and Cassidy looked relieved. They were all excused and Cass ran towards me jumping into my arms. I kissed her and she told me she was gonna go get her bag. I smiled and nodded.

"Can't wait to see you at competitions" a girl smirked walking past me.

I glared and smiled at Cass who came running back out.

"Ready?" She asked smiling.

"I guess" I chuckled.