Bumpy Roads

*Shawns POV*

"Shawn? Shawn! God, you never listen!" My girlfriend Jessa yelled smacking my arm.

"Sorry that I have to tune my guitar!" I replied.

She crossed her arms and scoffed walking to the other side of the bus. I shook my head and continued to play around with the strings. I hummed to each of them making sure they were perfect for my next show. I sighed walking over to the bathroom to splash water on my face. Nothing felt right in this relationship and it was driving me crazy. When it was time for my show, I ran out blowing kisses and looking over to my girlfriend who continued to play on her phone. I scoffed and shook my head looking out into the crowd. First I played Something Big and then I played Aftertaste before I wanted to talk about A Little Too Much. I wanted to tell them the real story behind it. I smiled at the screaming girls in front.

"Okay so this next song is about this girl, an imaginary one, and she's been having some problems with people and family and pretty much everything giving her stress. But she doesn't tell anybody because she doesn't want the world to know her feelings or get made fun of but this song is about letting all those emotions run free" I said strumming song strings to keep the vibe going.

Everybody had a smile on there face no matter what. Some were crying and I felt so bad for them. I continued to sing the song so passionately that I could feel the burning in my chest continue to crawl through my body. I finished the concert by throwing out the rest of my guitar picks and kisses. I walked towards Jessa and tried to kiss her on the cheek while she played on her phone. She dodged my kiss and let out the biggest sigh.

"This is bullshit" I mumbled.

"Excuse me?" She asked rudely.

"I said this relationship is bullshit!" I replied a little louder.

She sighed and shook her head.

"You know you're right!" She replied. "Oh and btw I'm texting this guy Steve and he and I are in love!"

I scoffed and I didn't feel anything because I didn't care anymore about her. I hated her and I don't love her anymore.

"Good because we're down and you're worthless to me!" I yelled opening the door for her to leave.

She stomped out with her bag slung over her shoulder. I scoffed and slammed the door behind her.

"How pathetic!" I mumbled.

I grabbed my guitar and saw the door shut behind her. I saw a girl with long brown hair panting leaning against the door.

"So sorry but I'm hiding from my psychotic ex who somehow found me!" She said excitedly.

"I'm sorry you have to leave" I said fixing my guitar strings.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm sorry but I don't think I should pour my feeling out to some stranger" I snapped.

"Oh well sorry" she scoffed opening the door and shutting it hard behind her.

I felt bad but I was just in a bad mood. I went back out to find her and apologize. I spotted her around the corner and saw a big brute with widened eyes and a beating heart. I figured it was her ex. She looked at me shooing me away. I walked over to the corner and looked at her weird.

"Is that him?" I asked curiously.

"Well if you must know, yes, his name is Wesley!" She whispered to me.

I held up my finger to her and strutted up to him.

"Can I help you?" He asked crossing his arms.

He was much smaller then me. I flexed my arms and clenched my jaw.

"You looking for my girl?" I asked rudely.

"Is "your girl" Cassidy?!" He spoke rather loudly.

"Yes!" I replied confidently.

"Then yeah I am" he scoffed.

"Well she's mine so back off bub!" I said pushing him back a bit.

"Fuck, watch yourself buddy! I'm coming for you!" He said stumbling back to his feet.

I raised my chin in defeat and smirked. He stomped off and "Cassidy" came walking around the corner.

"So your name is Cassidy?" I smirked.

"Why'd you do that?" She asked crossing her arms.

"Because I felt bad about earlier" i shrugged.

She smiled and nodded. She shook my hand.

"What's your name kid?" She asked.

"Shawn, Shawn Mendes" i replied nodding back.

"Cassidy Richfield" she replied.

I smiled and nodded.

"Well I guess I'll catch you later" I said.

"Sounds good Mendes"

I chuckled and headed back to my green room.

---

I headed back home and told my mom the news. She didn't really like Jessa anyways so it wasn't gonna be hard.

"Hey honey!" She said hugging me smiling.

"Hey mom I got some news" I said sitting down at the island table biting into a grape.

"What's up?" She asked.

"I broke up with Jessa" I sighed.

"Oh thank god!"

"Mom!" I yelled chuckling.

"I'm sorry Shawn but she was bad news and ugly as hell!" She chuckled holding my shoulder.

I shook my head and smiled.

"Yes but I'm not dating anyone ever again" I replied.

"Don't say that Shawn!" She said.

"I'm serious! All these girls are a waste of time! Except one, she was really nice" I said chomping on grapes.

"Oh" she said cocking her eyebrow. "Who?"

"Her name is Cassidy, she accidentally walked into my green room"

"A fan?"

"I don't think so, she would've recognized me" I chuckled.

She nodded and smiled.

"She seems very nice" she smirked.

"Yeah she's cool"

She continued to clean dishes with a big smirk side across her face. I rolled my eyes taking the grapes back to my room.