The Beast Within

The Knights and I trekked through the forest. After the incident earlier, Percy suggested that perhaps it'd be best to keep moving. Unfortunately, the storm still hadn't stopped and all the Knights were soaked to the skin.
Gwaine, from his travelling days, knew of an old ruin we could safely hole up in. (Famous last words).
As it was,  none of us had much cause for complaint when we got to the old ruin. It was vaguely damp, but warm and relatively bug-free.
"How did you find this place?" Percival asked of Gwaine.
"Oh, um" Gwaine seemed suspiciously overthinking the simple question. "When I was a young boy, my father took me-"
A loud clap of thunder sounded- "here after hunting." He finished, sounding uncertain. I dismissed as him being tired, or maybe even me being tired and overthinking things. Overthinking: the art of creating problems that weren't even there. But I could've sworn Gwaine's father died when he was a baby? Oh well. Before going to sleep, I tried the simple task of creating a ball of light, to no avail. I really hope I can fix this soon.

Arthur's POV (surprise)

I could hear Gaius bustling about the lab/room, muttering about a book. This wasn't unusual. When I was a boy him and Geoffrey used to discuss books for hours while I played with wooden swords. Unfortunately, Morgana used to beat me back then. But that was only for a short while!
Just then, there was a gasp from Gaius. He shuffled over as quickly as he could. "My Lord, it appears that the Malabestia has the talent to take on people's appearances and mannerisms, and a few of their memories. Let's only hope Merlin's magic can protect him,"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, who got my reference when Gwaine spoke about his father XD?
Sorry this is short. I'm writing this on the way back from holiday, so when I'm back home I can write more.

Love,
Eliza xxx