A week passed flying since Emily had touched Kyle, and her wolf was demanding a replay of the events. Seven days and that male was driving her crazy with his actions. Since that night when he had embrace her, he had remained distant, cold, as if she was a stranger. He was behaving like a bipolar, one moment showing he cared and the other, pushing her away.

Since that time in the shower, Emily had lost some control over her wolf. She could sense the raw hunger for that man living deep inside her skin, and she knew it was a miracle that she had manage to restrain herself for jumping at his bones during the last days.

Emily was detecting some other differences in herself lately. Since her birthday, her wolf was getting stronger and more possessive. It had worsen since she was living with Kyle but she had dismissed it, thinking it was their bond speaking. Now, she was beginning to worry. She tried to explain it with the hard training that she was enduring but that didn't convince her in the least. She could feel her beast under her skin, ready to take control in seconds. She also could feel impatience, anger and authority rising in her heart. Things that she had no explanation for. Even with so much on her mind, Emily kept those things from everyone. She was afraid to be seen as weak. 

The training sessions were getting harder, each day that passed. Marc and Luke were teaching new moves and strategies everyday and Emily was now fighting not only with Kris, but the whole bunch of warriors. Everyone had improved. Muscles were showing in most of the males, a consequence of too many hours at the gym and running around the territory.

The day of the first evaluation arrived and Emily was pretty nervous since her mate would be there to supervise it and decide which position they would take. Which position she would be placed. She hoped to be put with some team that made patrols. They were the bravest and most respected or so she saw them.

The warriors that would be evaluated, went to the fields and formed a line, waiting for the Alpha and Beta to join them. Emily and Kris were beside Brandon and Jake. The group had become united since the tests. They even considered themselves friends. Some private jokes could be heard between the males when Kris and Emily approached the group. Both men didn't know about Kyle being Emily's mate and she wasn't eager to tell them either. 

Marc and Kyle joined the anxious wolves to begin the training. Emily looked at her mate and felt her heart beat going faster. This always occurred when they were in the same place. Kris put one hand on Emily's shoulder, a way to give her strength. 

Like their first day in the fields they made groups and began fighting. Kris and Emily fought together and, even with Kris improvement, Emily won. She had learn a lot the past month and the result was visible. She fought two more guys and won too, the last of them with some difficulty. With training and dedication, she had more speed, more flexibility, and more strength. Part of her thought that maybe it was all connected with her wolf changes. But how could it be? How could it explain the aggressiveness she was feeling? 

The last one with who she fought, was different. In less than five minutes he had her pinned against the floor with too many bruises to count on her arms and legs. A deep growl was heard in the field but she was too tired to look around and search the source of the noise. The male she had fight with, helped her to her feet, giving her a smile. She returned it and another growl erupted somewhere in front of them. Like the first time, she didn't search the source. 

She was exhausted but happy with herself. She had won three combats and had lost just one. The numbers were in her favor and she went home with confidence. The results would be announced later that day, so Emily decided she could go take a shower and maybe visit her parents. Usually, it was her family that came to see her, but she missed her parents house, the walls where she had grown up. Running up the stairs, she didn't stop to greet Kyle or Marc that were heading to the study at the end of the hall. She was too excited to see Carol and Matthew, to tell them some news.

Marc and Kyle saw Emily run up the stairs and Marc elbowed Kyle on his ribs. 

"She was great! You should be proud of her, she would give you strong pups." Marc said teasing Kyle. Between Marc and Luke, both had take bets to see how much longer would Kyle resist. Marc had said that he would fall at her feet in less than two months. One had already passed and he was decided to help his friend and his wallet. 

Kyle just grunted. He wasn't going to show how that female had his attention, how she could make his blood boil in seconds or how he had almost jump and beat the crap out of that male that had fought with her moments ago. He felt like a bomb ready to explode at her presence. He tried to clear his mind by changing the subject. 

"We need to decide who is going to do patrols and who is going to guard other places." He said, opening his study door. Marc nodded, entering and closing the door behind him. 

"I was thinking that Jake and Emily could join my group. He is too impulsive to be with the other warriors, I want him near, so I can supervise him. Brandon could join Luke's patrol along with Kris." Marc said, looking at his Alpha. He saw the spark of anger before his friend spoke.

"I agree with you in all that you said except with Emily. She will not join a group of patrol."

"What?? You saw how she fought, Kyle. Hell... Kris is the worst of them. She is good yes, but not compared to Emily. Why put Kris on patrol and not Emily?" Marc objected.

"Don't question me Marc! I can't have Emily patrolling. My wolf won't be relax to know that his mate is there, near danger."

"Where do you want to put her then?"

"At the school. She will guard the kids." He said ending the conversation.

Marc exhaled a small breath of resignation. He could understand Kyle's reaction toward Emily. If it was his mate, he would do the same.

"Ok. I will tell them."