Chapter 8

*** Three years later ***

Emily was at school. Today, she would have her first class of fighting. The thought was exhilarating. Her father was a warrior and Jackson was training hard to become one. Emily could feel that fighting was in her genes. She went with her friends to the gym. Brandon was on her left, with his arm wrapped around her shoulders. They were just friends but sometimes, Emily found herself thinking, how it would be if Brandon was her mate.
Laura was on her right side and, from the dreaming look on her face, she was thinking about their hot history teacher.
Together, they approached the building, where the class would take place.

Laura and Emily went to the girls changing room. It was a complete chaos. Most of the girls were upset for having to learn how to fight. If they preferred to play volleyball, football or even with barbies at home, Emily didn't know. For some unknown reason, she felt upset to hear them talk about the Alpha. Some were calling him nasty names for his idea to introduce fighting in the school program. Others were defending him so fervently, that made Emily think they wanted him to make them Luna. Both sides irritated Emily. She growled out loud, making all of them quiet, when one of the girls started to describe what she wanted to do with his body.

Laura decided it was a good moment to join the others outside and pulled Emily with her.

"Let's save the fight for the class." She said to a fuming Emily.

Emily's thoughts went to Kyle. Since her thirteen birthday, she had rarely seen him. He had stop visiting her family and, the few occasions she lay eyes on him, was at the pack parties, that were held one time per month. She blamed herself for that. He had get upset with her that night. The night she couldn't control well her shifting to human form.

She signed, looking around to all students present in the field outside the gym.
Her teacher, a tall man around thirty, stepped forward and started explaining some basic moves, the correct stance in a combat. Groups of students were formed, and they all began to practice. Emily had Laura as a partner and Brandon was with Louis, a nice guy from class.

After two hours, they were all exhausted, but for Emily, that experience was a revelation. She wanted to become a warrior one day and she was eager for that moment to come.

"Hey girls, today I'm having a party at my house. Can you come?" Brandon asked looking at his two close friends.

"Yeah, sure." Laura replied, turning her attention to Emily, that had remained quiet.

"I will ask my parents." She said.

Usually, they were not against it, but she felt the need to ask even way.

Emily said goodbye to her friends and headed to the field behind the pack mansion, also known as the home of Kyle, Marc and Luke. When she got there, she wasn't sure where her father must be. Usually, the warriors that weren't patrolling, were in the gym during the mornings and in the large field in the afternoon. It was the best place to practice fighting.

The first thing Emily noticed when she got closer was that most of the present men were without a shirt. That, made her cheeks turn red. Two years ago, she wouldn't look at the opposite sex with much attention, but now that she was sixteen, she was more alert to the differences between men and women.

Her eyes landed on two warriors that were sparring in the middle. Surrounding them, were others, mimicking the pair, completely oblivious of her presence there. Emily noticed the muscles of one of them flexed with every move he took. His skin was beautifully tanned, proving that he spent, at least, three hours of his day out there, training.

Emily's cheeks became hotter. Suddenly, something distracted him, making him pause. His opponent took the moment, to deliver a hard punch to his face. He took some steps backward from the impact but beside that, he remained unfazed.