Chapter 16

The first training arrived to an end and all young wolves were exhausted. Emily and Kris headed to the building where the others males werewolves were staying at night, both ready to take a shower to ease the tension of their muscles. Some of the others that had been training with them, followed behind.

It was the first time Emily set foot on the large compound. The walls were all white and the little furniture inside it, didn't make the huge space more cozy. On the contrary, the compound was from the outside and from the inside, a military facility, nothing more that could help the people that lived there to feel at home. The girls headed upstairs to the second floor. Kris was leading their way confidently and Emily wondered, for a moment, how did she knew the right way to the girl's bathroom. Sensing her question, Kris turned to her with a shy smile.

"I came here yesterday with my mate. He wanted to show me the compound and his room upstairs." She whispered while blushing.

Emily looked at her neck then. Right beside Kris's jugular, was a mark, her mate's mark, that would remind any male to come closer to his mate. Emily felt a pang at her heart, she wished Kyle had done the same to her when he found out who she was. OK... maybe not when she was a child but he had plenty of time since the day before to approach her and seduce her. Instead, he was closing himself and putting distance between them. She cleared her throat and asked the first thing that came to her mind, which was a personal one. 

"Did you do anything else?"

"What do you mean?" Kris looked at her confused. Then, sensing the course of Emily's thoughts, her blush deepened.

"Oh that... No, not yet. We marked each other because we couldn't control the impulse of our wolves and now that we live together, the situation could escalate very quickly and we could lost total control. You know... he wants to take things slowly for me." Kris explained, her cheeks now completely red.

Emily laughed.

"You don't need to feel embarrassed. I wish my mate would do the same to me." The words got out of her mouth before she could stop them. Kris looked at her with eyes so big that she thought that they could fall out of her face.

"You have a mate? Who is he?" She asked astonished.

From the look Emily had, Kris knew that things were not so simple with her new friend. The next words that got out of Emily's mouth made her understand why the situation was difficult.

"It's Kyle, our Alpha." Kris looked at her from up and down her body and, was going to bend her head when Emily stopped her.

"What are you doing?" she asked shocked.

"Well... you are my Luna... I should bow in respect." Kris said in a matter of fact.

"Oh hell no!! First, Kyle is completely unaffected by me, second even if I was to be Luna, I am Emily first and not that bloody title. I believe that all people in the pack are equal." Emily retorted, annoyed with the situation.

Kris looked at her as if she had four heads instead of one, but nodded nevertheless, giving Emily a smile.

"I like the way you think about the pack and I have to admit that I like to know our Luna and being able to talk to her like a friend."

"I told you... Kyle didn't acknowledge me, I am like a lampshade to him." Emily said turning her eyes to the white floor.

Kris put her hand on her friend's shoulder.

"Well... We have to change that. I'm sure he is crazy for you. Now that I know how you feel when you are with your mate, I know he is controlling himself to not mark you. We just have to change that..." Kris gave her a devious smile and started heading to the door of the lady's common bathroom.