Chapter 15

Kyle was having trouble to get some sleep. After the incident with Emily in the dinning room and two hours of hearing his friends complaining about his bad attitude, he was alone in his room, playing all the events of the night on his head. How had things turn this way? One moment he was living along, among males and then boom... a female appear to join the house, his house, and not just any female but his mate, the one he was trying to not cross path with. He turned around so he could lock his eyes with his window and the view that was separated by glass. Despite his amazing sight, he saw nothing, his mind too dark to register the nature behind that transparent barrier. He cursed under his breath. She was so near him that her presence by the other side of the wall of his bedroom seemed nonexistent. His wolf was restless, wanting him to solve the tension between soulmates. He couldn't. He didn't want her to be near him. He would only hurt her.

He remembered that he would have to be present during the evaluation of the new warriors in one month. Those who began that path, were to be trained non-stop both physically and strategically. During one year they would learn the life of warriors, how to fight, how to behave and react. During that year, they would have to do patrol with the experienced members and for that, Kyle had to watch their training and decide who would be put with who. Since day one, he was determined to put Emily at the pack school. He didn't want her to be in danger during patrols and with other unmated males that could seduce her at any moment. The moment that thought entered his head, he cursed out loud. He was an egoistic bastard. He should let her fall in love with another, he should send her far away from him but his wolf was rebelling against that idea. No, he would keep her near but not as near as he wolf wanted. He was damned if he let his wolf win this internal battle.

Emily woke up at seven am. She took a shower and after getting dressed, she went to take breakfast hoping Kyle wasn't there. She was still pissed with him and his behavior the day before and she wanted to begin this day with a good mood. She was already missing her mother and father, their minutes in the morning, talking about their expectations for the day.

She went downstairs and headed to the dinning room that had been the stage of confrontation the day before. Emily took a deep breath and his scent reached her nose. Her heartbeat increased but she walked inside those walls as if she was the most calm person. She said a quiet "hello" to the males that were already at their seats and went to hers silently.

Kyle's eyes accompanied her all the way since she appeared in the room but he didn't say a word. Marc send him a look that could froze him in place if he was the iceman. He sighed and turned to Emily in defeat, knowing that he, in fact, should apologize for the night before. He felt that with her, he was always doing and saying the wrong things, leading her to be upset, mad, sad or disappointed with him. How could he be a good mate for that beautiful woman when he was such a dick to her? He couldn't. He simply couldn't. She deserved better. When he opened his mouth to speak, he was not only apologizing for the night before but also all moments in her life that he had been incorrect with her.

Emily was not expecting Kyle to talk to her so she was surprised when he did it.

"I'm sorry. I was an ass last night with you." His eyes penetrating hers with intensity.

She looked at him dumbfounded. Eventually, her mouth decided to work.

"It's OK. I was harsh on you too." She said.

His incredulous face said it all. He wasn't expecting her to say that. Maybe her yelling at him or simply ignoring him, she didn't know what had cross his mind. He just nodded in response.

When they were finish eating, Marc, Luke and Emily went to the fields. Kyle went in the direction of his study, probably to solve some pack problems or organize things.

Emily was excited. This would be her first training and she was eager to start learning some new things. When they arrived at the middle of the large green land, the other new warriors were already there, talking between each others.

The Beta, Marc, stepped in front of the group to earn their attention.

"Listen up... Today we will teach you some new ways to fight your opponent. First in human form and after, in your wolf. Chose a partner of your weight and size, and make sure you have plenty space around, so you won't bump into others." Marc said.

Emily chose to be with Kris, since the girl had the same body structure as herself. The moves they learned that morning were easy to Emily. She felt like she had been born to fight all her life, her muscles flexing with ease, her feet moving with determination. Soon, sweat began to form on her brow.

Kyle was in his office when he felt the urge to see if Emily was holding the hard training. Usually, the new recruits complained about the extensive hours on the fields and at the gym. They were not use to put their bodies to extreme exercises and challenges, to the pain that laced every muscle after every day. The training was emotional too. The new wolves that wanted to join the best o the pack should learn how hard that life could be. It was not just honor to be called one. Their life was different, hard and they had to learn that in training and after, in the patrols. It was not uncommon to see some young wolf, that wanted to be the hero, killed by his reckless.

Kyle didn't notice his body move, getting up from his chair and heading to the window. His eyes searched the group that was sparing in the field. They took less than ten seconds to locate his mate and lock his eyes on her lean figure. She was sparing with a girl in the fields and he couldn't help notice her muscles flexed and tense while fighting. She was absolutely breathtaking, her long blond hair pulled up on a ponytail, her shoulder an invitation to his hands, his mouth. He stopped himself before his mind could get any further. He should be dealing with the issues of his pack and not with a woman that could not be his.

She must have sensed him stare because she lifted her head to the house and found him there, looking at her. He didn't have time to hide himself before she spotted him behind the glass. He had been too focus on controlling his emotions so his cock would remain limp. When his eyes met hers, he knew that all concentration could not control the inevitable. His member gain life in an instant, growing and hardening at a very scary speed. In some seconds, he was huge behind his pants, his flesh tearing at the fabric. Was he so horny? So desperate to be with someone? He hadn't been with someone for years, since he found Emily. The time had ceased for him and those urges forgotten. God, he couldn't let anyone see him like that. Luckily, Emily couldn't see anything more than his face and torso.

Kyle forced himself to turn his back and go back to his duties as the Alpha. He had grown to be a good one, his father accompanying him till he felt his son was prepared to be in control of his pack. He had died a few months before he found Emily and he had isolated himself for some time till that night, when she came to his territory and changed his life.

Remembering Emily's fight, he could see that she had a lot of potential to be a great fighter. Marc and Luke had been right and they all knew that part of her success was related with her clouded past, with the alpha blood that traveled through her veins.

Kyle sat on his chair, his erection not letting him relax and a constant reminder of the female responsible for it. He knew that their bond would eventually get stronger for both of them and it would be painfully difficult to resist the temptation to mark each other. The time living near each other, the moments a simple connection was made would led them far away from sanity, far away from control. He would have to be stronger and control better his beast, even if that meant that he had to close himself in his study and put cement to the window, to prevent his eyes from seeking her. He let out a sigh and went back to work, trying to ignore the bulge in his pants.