Chapter 5

A/N: This chapter's going to be full of references because why not, let's see if you find some. Happy reading!

--

I was never good at planning things. Planning birthdays, planning school projects, organizing meetings... I have never been a good planner, I have to admit this. But this time something was different. Maybe it was due to my 'no emotional attachment' matter, maybe it was due to Nace's help. I'm not sure.

But one thing I was sure is that those people deserve justice. I don't fear anything.

Earlier Nace - whose actual first name I found out to be Justin - told me my experiment will be the perfect bait. He was right, everyone was going to be so caught up into watching my every move that they won't pay enough attention to what happens inside of their safety beehive. I didn't believe it'd be easy, but we needed to give it a try. And our plan wasn't so bad, it might work.

I was currently in the cafeteria with the group for dinner, trying to give off a few hints about it.

"So, you have a plan about what?" Brian asked. I glanced around and tapped Kellin's arm, beside me.

"Could you make interferences in our table's microphone" I whispered, knowing there were microphones hidden in the tables. He was hesitant, but obliged.

Kellin was a weird guy, probably the weirdest of us all. He used to speak little and hear even less, zoning out very often and probably preferring staying alone rather than in a group, though he was often with us. He was intimidating to many Freaks over here, and even to some Surgeons, even to me when I first got here. I think his behavior depends on what kind of treatment they reserved for him.

Oh, plus, the Surgeons were very careful with him. His 'gift', how they call it, was dangerous and delicate. They knew it could cause problems to them if it gets out of control, but they don't imagine it to possibly be the spark for a riot. Being always under electric shocks they had him tamed, he even had this tic that made him tilt his head a little sometimes, also due to the electric shocks. He's for certain the one who got the most electricity in his body in the group, but I was gonna change this. For him and the others.

As Kellin made his magic, I started displaying our plan to the group, and they all seemed intrigued. We had small time before Kellin would be forced to stop, so I explained evertything very quickly, starting with explaining what the serum was.

"So we have a cool serum, but what are we going to do with it?" Jenna asked.

"Justin will bring the serum to Kellin secretly. Kellin, being on the next phase, will be able to open the rest of the doors to your cabins." I said. "At that point, Kellin will go to Tay's cabin and bring the serum to her as well. Tay will send messages to all the Freaks'-"

"Kids." Taylor said. She hated when I used the word 'Freaks'. Even though it didn't even brush against me, I couldn't blame her.

"Tay will send signals to their minds and tell them what's going on, so they will help and get out as well. It will work because she'll be next level of her experiment too. Then Kellin makes a huge interference with my X chip, so that Nace will have the time to deactivate it." I turned to Taylor, Alexa and Brian.

"Then it'll be your turn to make a mess with your 'gifts'. Well, after they bring the serum to you guys too, and you'll be able to destroy everything and everyone that gets in the way." I said, before turning to Tay and Jenna. "You two will have a hard work. You'll have to get everyone out here." They gave me wide eyes.

"How?" Tay asked.

"Find a way to make the most of your abilities and take advantage of them."

"What are you going to do, instead?" Taylor asked.