Chapter 2

I stared at my phone screen, smiling like an idiot to myself. I don't remember how many times I re-read the part where she called me gorgeous, but every time my cheeks still heated up. It was strange because I didn't even know this girl, but I strangely had some sort of attraction towards her. Which caused my nerves to kick in. I chewed on my bottom lip as I sat there trying to think of what to say, I really didn't wanna sound like an idiot and scare her off.

To waakeme-up:
Aw, that's okay, I ramble a lot too. Especially when I'm nervous. But, Dash is my baby, he loves to snuggle, he's just a lil cutie. And about myself, hm...well, I live in California, I have two siblings, my younger brother Chris, and my little sister Taylor. I'm not a very interesting person! Oh, I sing..a lot. But I don't think I'm very good, aha. And honestly I don't even know what else to say, like I said I'm not very interesting. And I ramble. A lot. What about you? Tell me about yourself, you're very cute, you've got to be more interesting than I am.

I didn't even read over my message because I knew how much of an idiot I sounded like. I just pressed the send button, then anxiously chewed on my lower lip as I waited for her reply. I decided to continue looking along my dashboard, trying to keep my mind occupied while I waited. After a few minutes, I refreshed my notifications to see if she replied. Doubtful. But I was very impatient. To my surprise, Camila did reply.

From waakeme-up:
You live in California?! Woah! That's so cool, I've always wanted to go there! I live in Miami, I have a little sister too, she's seven, her name is Sofi. She's like my best friend. Is it weird to have a seven year old as my best friend? Oh well. You sing? You have to sing to me sometime, if you do, I'll sing to you! I'm always singing and playing my guitar. Also, you need to send me pictures of Dash, I need more of his cute little self. Would it be weird if I just gave you my number? Text me instead, if you're okay with giving a total stranger your number! I promise I'm not a killer...or am I. Again, rambling. Gah. Anyways, text me! I need pictures of Dash ;)

I read her message, giggling to myself when she said her best friend was her seven year old sister. That was cute, she obviously cared a lot about her sister. I kept reading, feeling butterflies in my stomach when she listed her number, telling me to text her. I should text her, shouldn't I? She wants me to. I'm not being pushy. She wants me to text her. As I went to my contact list on my phone, I made a new contact. I typed in her number, and put her name in my phone; 'Camila💓'.
I fumbled my thumbs around my keyboard, thinking of something that wouldn't be too cheesy to say.

To Camila💓:
Hey, it's Lauren! The girl online with the cute pup!

I sent the message, then re-situated myself in bed, snuggling under my favorite fuzzy blanket to get myself comfortable. Even though it was a warm night here in California, my parents loved keeping the house extremely cold. I felt my phone go off in my hand. Buzz. Buzz.

From Camila💓:
Hey, Lauren! this is so much better now omg I actually can get notifications when you reply! also, very important. I need pictures of Dash. Pleaseee send me some? xoxo

I smiled to myself, I'm sure I looked like an idiot, and if Dinah was awake, she would've totally made fun of me. I quickly situated Dash so he was next to me, snuggling into him as I took the photo. The flash was extremely bright, so I couldn't keep my eyes open, so the photo was half of my face snuggled into Dash. I looked okay in the photo, so I decided it was good to send.

To Camila💓:
I agree! Hope you don't mind my face! But there's my Dashy, he always sleeps with me!

From Camila💓:
Aww! He's so cute! Okay, well I have to say that because he's a puppy, but I think you're the cutest I'm that photo. You look so sleepy and cuddly omg

As I read that message, I felt my smile grow ten times wider and my cheeks get ten times redder. How is it possible for someone who I just barely met to make me feel this way?

To Camila💓:
Oh my gosh, stoppp! You're making me blush, Camila!🙈

From Camila💓:
Sooorry! Btw, that emoji isn't helping because I can just picture you hiding your face when you blush. You look cute when you're sleepy, I look like a mess!

She sent the message with a picture of herself, and she looked so adorable. She was wearing a gray shirt that was clearly too big for her, and her hair was tied in a bun on top of her head with loose strands of hair surrounding her face. Her nose was scrunched up and her tongue was poking out between her teeth, she even looked gorgeous when she was going to bed.

To Camila💓:
Oh. My. God. If that is supposed to look like a mess then I don't even want to know what beautiful looks like to you. You look so adorable, Camz!

Hopefully she wouldn't mind my new nickname for her. Camz. It had a nice ring to it.

From Camila💓:
Shush! I do not. Wait, Camz? Is that my new nickname? Nobody calls me Camz, they usually call me Mila. But I like Camz better.

To Camila💓:
Yes, it is your new nickname. Nobody has ever come up with that before? Well, good. They can call you Mila, but I call you Camz.

From Camila💓:
I lerv it! Now that you have a nickname for me, I need to give you one. If I'm honest, I'm not very good at making these things up. Laur? Lolo? Ugh. I'm not creative.

To Camila💓:
I like both of those, so you can alternate if you can't decide! Wait, I just remembered we have a three hour time difference, how late is it by you?

From Camila💓:
Oh wow, I didn't even realize how late it was. It's 3 in the morning...but I can stay up! I'm not that tired.

To Camila💓:
Oh my gosh, Camila! You need to go to sleep, it's late! Pff, not that tired? I bet you're trying to force yourself to stay awake. Am I wrong?

From Camila💓:
Well...no...you're not wrong. But I like talking to you! :(

To Camila💓:
Caaaamz. Go to sleep, okay? I think I'm going to go to bed too, I'll talk to you in the morning, okay? Goodnight, Camz!

After I sent the message, I quickly went to my edit her contact, changing it from 'Camila💓' to 'Camz💗'. Wasn't much of a change, but I liked the fact only I got to call her that since no one else thought of it. I was extremely tired though, and if I knew I would out sleep Dinah in the morning. I pulled my blanket over my shoulder, took a sip of my water, then laid down and rested my head on my pillow. I heard my phone go off one last time.

From Camz💗:
Okay, fiiiine. Goodnight, gorgeous, talk to you tomorrow. xoxo

______________________________
AN(authors note);
Had to throw in that x-factor reference(let me know if you got it)!
Sorry this chapter was so short, but thanks for reading, and thanks to some of you who have already taken interest in this! I'll be updating this story more often. It would be great if this got more favorites, so if you could favorite this, that would be great! Maybe share this with some friends? Again, thanks for reading, guys!