Chapter 9 Truth &Trust

David eventually broke down the door and helped up Luna. "Amy? What are you doing back here?" "I was a slave to the dark king. Now, he has let me go. I came to ask that you forgive me for what I did, David." She said as she broke into tears. "Oh, it's ok, I guess. You were just following orders" "I'm sorry, I thought the dark king would give me something to fill my loneliness. You see, when I was younger, I had 2 siblings and my parents loved them more than me, so I was neglected love by my parents."

"Then, at my old school, I never had friends. I was bullied a lot, so I never had friends. Then, the dark king came to me on my way home, and said "come with me, and I will give you what you desire. Love." so I went with him. Now, I realize he never gave me what I wanted. I found out he was just using me for his own selfish ways. So what I'm saying is I'm sorry." Luna got up and gave her a hug. So did David and Danny. "It's ok. I guess you were just lonely. Well, you don't have to be lonely anymore. We will be your friends." Luna said.

Really? Oh thank you, thank you" she said. "Now, all we have to do is find you a date to the dance this evening." Luna said. "I think I may know someone who would want to take you to the dance" David said as he looked at Danny. "Danny? Would you?" "Heck yes! Of course. I finally got a girl! I got a girl!" He yelled into the sky. Back in the city of light, The King watched Luna's progress with David. He was happy to see that his son wanted to see him. "David, my son. I shall see you soon." Just has he was going to bed, Philitis burst through the door and smashed the mirror. "Hello, old friend. It's been awhile" "how dare you burst through here. You are not welcome here!" The King yelled. "Oh, yes. I am very aware that I'm not allowed here. I just wanted to tell you that your son's spirit will be in my dead sons body soon enough, and now you can't warn him with your little mirror" "What have you done?" "Nothing of your concern. Let's just say that by this evening, your son's spirit will be mine!" "Get out!" The King yelled. "Humph. Done, and done" Philitis said. He disappeared while leaving an evil chuckle behind. Back on earth, it was the day of the track meet, and Luna and Linda was supposed to run.

"I'm so nervous. I can't believe that this is happening. Me running for the school. I'm so excited" Luna said. "I know you will be great. All you have to do is be careful. You have to pass the cylinder to Linda, then she will run back to you. You guys do that two times, then you both run to the finish line." Danny explained. "Yeah, don't be nervous. Just think about this evening, and how awesome it will be." He said, taking her hand. "Yes, it will be awesome. Let's just hope that nothing goes wrong." She said. "Don't worry, it will be fine."

The game was about to start, and Linda was no were in sight. Luna and Amy were starting to think that she went back to her Dark King to recharge. "What are we going to do? The game starts in 1 minute, and Linda is not here." "Maybe I can sub in for her?" Amy suggested. "Great idea. Quick, go get changed and get back here." Luna said. "I don't even have to go anywhere." She snapped her fingers and she changed into the school's gym clothes. "Sweet" Luna said as she gave Amy a hi-five. They ran towards the track to get a little warm up. "Good luck, girls!" Danny and David yelled.

"You ready Amy?" "Ready!" the sound of the gun went off, and Luna ran off. She tried to run regular speed so she could look normal, but she was a little faster than the others. The sight of Amy came into view. She sped up and gave the cylinder to Amy, and Amy ran. She also tried to run normally, but she just couldn't help herself. She went ahead, but not too far to give herself away. She ran and came back to Luna, it went on one more time, then they both ran and both crossed the finish line with grace. Everyone cheered. The coach of the team was really happy. They both waved. Everyone came out, and congratulated them. "I knew you guys could do it. You guys were great. So great, that it was awesome." "That didn't even make any sense, but thanks Danny" Luna said.

It was finally the end of the day. They all walked home together, knowing that this was going to be an awesome night. David invited Danny to get ready at his house, and Luna would go back to the light city with Amy to get ready. Everyone would meet up at the dance. At David's house, his dad gave him one of his old tuxes to wear. "So after this, I won't see you again?" "Danny said. "Of course you will see me. It won't be for a while, though" "Well, I'm happy for you. You get to see your real parents, and your real home. Promise me something buddy." He started.

"Sure what is it?" he said. "Promise me that we will video call when you or I have the chance, okay?" "Sure. Although I have to ask Luna if they have internet connection there, but I'm sure they do." "Great, well let's get our dates and head to that dance." "You said it". In the light city, Luna was still having problems figuring out what to wear. "Hey, Luna. Did you tell David that you're going to stay with him when this is all over?" "No, I was going to wait till it was all over!" "Well, did you at least ask The King if you could stay?"

"No, but I'm sure he will approve. I mean, I'm protecting his son. It's just 24/7, that's all." "Well, I guess you're right. Come on, I can see they are already on their way. Hurry up." "Okay, I'm ready. Let's go."