Chapter 1

"Sir, we've gotten reports of paranormal activity in Oregon. Should we go check it out?" A man with a British accent asked his friend wearing a gray hoodie.

"Sure, Johnny. Where exactly in Oregon are we talking about?"

"A place called Gravity Falls, sir."

"Ironic name. Let's go check it out!"

~Break~

It was a nice day in Gravity Falls. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and no monsters were attacking. The perfect summer day.

"Dipper, catch!" A voice shouted from behind some trees, a ball flying from that direction and hitting a young boy in the head, knocking his blue and white pine tree cap off his head.

"Mabel, watch where you throw that thing!" Dipper yelled through the trees at his twin sister and rubbing his forehead.

His twin was currently playing in the forest with her friends Grenda and Candy, and all of their games had so far been launched at the unsuspecting boy. He put down his book and sighed, placing his cap over his head once more to hide his strange birthmark shaped like the Big Dipper. It was how he got his nickname. He looked back at the strange book in his hands and placed it inside his vest. It was bad to leave something this valuable out in the open. Not that anyone would think it was valuable, since at first glance it seems like a torn up old journal with an odd picture of a hand on its cover. Which it is, but inside it was full facts about things you'd only seen in fairy tales. Things like gnomes and vampires and ghosts, all of them documented in this book along with where to find them and how to kill them. That's not what makes it valuable, however. If this book ended up in the wrong hands, someone could summon demons so powerful the entire universe could be destroyed. Dipper told no one about his journal after he found it inside a fake tree. Well, except Mabel, but she was a useful asset to his paranormal investigation team. Plus they told eachother everything, he couldn't have hid it from her if he wanted to. Dipper was jolted out of his thoughts by the sound of his great uncle Stan yelling at someone at the front door. Curious, he walked over to see who it was.

     "I've told you, there is nothing paranormal about this forest!" Gruncle Stan was saying loudly to a pair of men. 

     The man who appeared to be arguing back to Stan had a grey hoodie with the hood up that hid most of his features from this angle. He wore a tan bag slung across his chest and wore an odd symbol on his shoulder that looked like two J's together to make a pi symbol, but with the letters P.I.E. written on it. The most noticeable feature about him was his strange brownish-red eyes. He had a determined, stubborn kind of face that was currently pointed angrily at Stan. The second, taller man looked more formal, with black hair that was parted nicely and stubble across his chin. He was wearing a white dress shirt with a black army vest and the same symbol on his shoulder. He was looking back from his friend in the hood to Stan with a weary look on his face.

     "If this place isn't paranormal as you say, then why is my equipment saying otherwise?" The man in the hood asked, pulling out a square device.

     Did that man say paranormal? Could this mean... are these men paranormal investigators like himself?

     "Sir, calm down." The man in the vest told his friend.

     He had a British accent, which made him seem calm and collected.

     "Well, maybe your equipment is broken! Nothing 'paranormal' is happening in this town. Thanks for stopping by!" Stan said, slamming the door in the men's faces. Dipper ran up to them before they could leave.

     "Are you guys paranormal investigators?" He asked them excitedly, holding tight to his journal.

     "Why yes we are! Why do you ask?" The man in the hood said.

     "The man you just talked to is my great uncle. But he was lying! This town has a lot of paranormal activity."

     "Aha! Our machines never lie. Me and Toast built them ourselves."

     "...Toast?"

     "Oh, right. This here is my partner, Johnny Toast. And I, am Johnny Ghost! Paranormal Investigator Extraordinaire!"

     "You're both named Johnny?"

     "Yes."

     "Huh, that's... kind of cool. So you guys go on missions to hunt anything paranormal?"
     "We mostly deal with ghosts, zombies, aliens, birds, and Pokémon." He replied, saying this with a straight face.

     "...Birds? Pokémon? What?"

     "Don't ask." Toast said.

     "Oh, well, I hunt paranormal creatures too! Gnomes, vampires, zombies, and demons."

     "You hunt demons at your age?" Johnny Ghost asked, looking surprised.

     "Me and my sister do. Wait, when you go on a mission, can me and her come too?"

     "Absolutely not! It's far too dangerous for you!"

     "But I do all the same stuff you guys do!"

     "Sir, maybe we should let them come. They know more about the town than we do."

     "Fine Johnny. But only because you say yes!" Ghost grumbled, looking like he'd rather fight with his partner than agree.

     "We're leaving right now, so go get your sister."

     "Okay!" Dipper said, running off to get Mabel.

     Finally, a real ghost hunt! With people who don't think he's just a silly kid! Well, Ghost seems like he does, but he probably just thinks he'll get hurt more than that he's just a dumb kid who has no idea what he's doing.

     "Mabel! These two guys who hunt ghosts showed up, and they said we can come with them!"
     "Ghosts? Cool!" Mabel came back with him to where Dipper left them.

     When they got back, the men seemed to be arguing about something, stopping when they saw the kids.

     "Dipper, you didn't say they were cute!" Mabel said, staring at the two men.

     Ghost blushed and put his head down while Toast looked like he was used to this sort of thing.

     "So are you kids ready?" Toast asked, while Ghost adjusted the strap on his bag.

     "Yes!" Dipper said, excited for this hunt.

     "Then let's go! Your uncle won't mind, will he?"

     "Of course not."

A/N: Alright, so I tried to fix up a few errors and word placements along with the formatting, but other than that everything is the same.