Chapter 1 - Lilia's POV

I rolled over in bed and landed on the floor with a smack, my thin body caught up in a hellish cocoon of duvet cover, pillow, and pyjamas. Enraged at being woken up like this I screamed. Around a second later my biological father Aiden, burst in carrying two daggers, his eyes scanned the room for danger before seeing me on the floor. He let out a laugh. As in like a big muthatrukkin huge laugh before coming over to rescue me from my hell. My mother Alexandria came in soon after, looking bedraggled and pissed off until she too saw my state and laughed before joining my father and helping me.
"Only you Lilia, only you" my father chuckled, his eyes lightening. I scowled, before picking up my duvet and throwing it onto my bed. "Ten years should've taught you the differences between my screams dad." I muttered before brushing my long black hair. It was down at the top of my butt cheeks and took ages to brush in the morning. Seeing my state my mother hurried over and took the brush from me and did it herself before fishtail braiding it and twisting it into a bun at the base of my head. "There!" She exclaimed, clapping her small hands in delight. "Thanks mom" I smiled before tackling her in one of my bear hugs. With that we headed down to breakfast where pancakes were sitting at my spot at the table along with some other people we lived with. Like my Great Uncle Marcus, Granpa Alexander, big brother Thomas and my parents. Thomas was 18. One year and a bit older than me and was ridiculously overprotective of me. Well I was just that gorgeous. My father took his seat and sighed. "What is it Dad ?" I asked, frowning. He looked up from his newspaper. "There was another attack last night. In Atlanta." He said, his grey eyes meeting my own.
Atlanta held some big memories for my mother and father. It was where they had first met just over nineteen years ago when Dad was 20 and mom was around my age. They shared the same look. It was the we gotta tell the kids something and by the way they're staring at us right now they know something's up look. "What is it ?" Me and Thom asked at the same time. "We have to go to Heartsden for around six months. I received a phone call this morning from Mayor Leighton at around six this morning and he wants us to go check something out." My Mom said looking me in the eyes. "What!?" I yelled. Mom repeated the question. "I heard the first time. Why do we have to go!? Are they so pathetic that they can't even solve a case by themselves!? Coz that's what it sounds like to me!" I screamed, standing up. Instantly the clouds became grey and thunder boomed outside. I seriously needed to get my emotions under control or I would end up causing an accident. Knowing that I was away to lose my shit I left the room heading for the basement where a punch bag was strewn up on the concrete ceiling. Stupid assholes I thought to myself. So fucking dumb and hopeless they can't even catch a criminal by themselves. And I'm gonna have to wear coloured contacts and dye my hair because people think I'm dead thanks to mom and dad. I also thought as I jabbed and kicked at the bag. I continued for what felt like hours until my knuckles, knees and feet became bloody.
And that's when the tears started...