drunken dragon

Comincia dall'inizio

"Ow, I don't think we're there yet Luce," Natsu gave her a sly smile as she dragged his pants down.

Lucy blushed at his comment and watched his face for a moment, not sure what she should respond to that. She shook her head slightly and tossed his clothes into the bathroom before going in herself to change into her night clothes.

A few minutes later Lucy walked out of the bathroom to find Natsu lying on the floor, snoring like a champion and with the blanket swirled around his body.

"Really?" she pouted, "Aren't I done carrying you today?"

She grabbed him carefully by his shoulders and yanked him into a sitting position without waking him. She knelt in front of him as she planned out in her head how it would be best to lift him into the bed again. Just then, a huge cloud that had been blocking out the moonlight for some time decided it was time to move on and slowly drifted away into the black night. The light hit Natsu's face from the side and cast a metallic glow around him, for the first time Lucy was struck by his handsome features. His masculine jaw and chin, his smooth skin and the playful eyes, how come she had never noticed before?

"Wow, I must be really drunk right now," she whispered to herself as she tried to shake the thought out of her head. But when she looked at him again, he was still waking her interest.

"Mmm," Natsu hummed in his sleep, throwing Lucy out of her fascination.

Lucy rose up and connected her hands around Natsu, giving all of her strength yet again she was able to lift him high enough to lay him back down.

"Ok, ok..." he muttered quietly when she clapped him carefully on the back as a sign for him to move aside. Lucy crawled into the bed and under the already heated blanket. Natsu spun around and reached out for her in his sleep. "Come," he moaned.

"Stop it," Lucy pushed his arms away and tried to escape his grip, but in her frantic movements she woke Natsu up and he leaned himself up on his elbowed beside her.

"Why? I wanna hold you, let me," he rubbed his eye and yawned.

"I just want to sleep," she turned away from him and tried to fall asleep before he protested.

"Sleep in my arms then," he snuggled up behind her and laid his arms around her chest. "Your scent calms me down, it helps me sleep," he said in her ear before he sniffed her neck gently.

His nose poking her neck sent shivers down Lucy's spine and her face flushed pink as he kissed her slowly on the same spot.

"Wh-what are you doing, Natsu?"

"Hm? I just wanted to know if you taste as good as you smell," he smiled "You don't taste like strawberries, but still you taste good. Salty."

Lucy stiffened and turned around in his arms. He looked at her with sleepy eyes and a wide smile. Lucy didn't say anything; she just looked at him, looked deep into his eyes. Honestly she found the whole situation kind of surreal. Natsu had never said anything like that to her before, nor had she ever wanted him to. But she kind of liked hearing him being so sweet. Natsu saw her soft face and tightened his grip around her.

"I'm so glad I met you, Lucy,"

"Me too," she chuckled.

The next morning Lucy woke up still lying in Natsu's arms. Her head was on his chest and followed his breathing up and down in a steady rhythm. She narrowed her eyes and let out a big yawn before sitting up beside him. It was probably still early in the morning; the sun didn't even seem to be fully awake yet. Lucy usually hated getting up early, but this morning she didn't mind, she would definitively get tired early in the evening but for now it seemed ok. She let her hand rest on Natsu's bare chest for a moment, just watching his peaceful face as she felt the warmth he was radiating. His face was still red from Gray's punches, but knowing Natsu, Gray probably looked the same way.

Lucy stroke up and down Natsu's torso, feeling his muscular body beneath her palm calmed her down somehow. She had always admired his fit body, but she had never been able to touch him like this before. As she kept caressing him, he slowly opened his eyes and looked at her with a smile.

"Morning," he said with a husky voice

"Good morning, did you sleep well?" she smiled back at him

"Extremely well," he laughed, "Thanks for taking me here last night, but I would've been fine sleeping in the guild you know,"

"I know, but you would've ended up sleeping on the floor and puking all over yourself, it's better for you to wake up here and you probably have a headache now, am I right?"

Natsu hadn't had time to check for any aching yet, but when she mentioned it, his head was banging inside his skull like never before. He grabbed his head and flinched as he grinned at her.

"You know me too well,"

Lucy leaned closer to him and kissed his forehead gently, "There, that'll ease the pain," she smirked, "I'm starving, do you want to eat breakfast with me?" she stood up from the bed and walked towards the kitchen.

"I'd love to," he smiled and lay back down on the bed.

"Thanks for always taking such good care of me Luce,"

"No problem, after all you've done for me it's my pleasure," Lucy smiled to herself, she really loved spending time with Natsu, she couldn't have been happier that they had met. Even if he was annoying pretty much all the time, barging into her home unannounced and eating all of her food, she liked having him around, he always made her feel safe and she knew he would always be there for her.

Natsu looked over at Lucy preparing the food for the two of them. He thought back at the previous night he had spent with her and grinned, "Hey Lucy, do you want to go out with me tonight?"

Lucy stiffened and turned to him with a blush on her cheeks, had she really heard him right? Had he just asked her out on a ... date?

"Sure, I'd like that," She replied without thinking,
'A date with Natsu? Really...? Well, I guess it could be nice. He's a great guy after all, yeah.. It will be nice, I'm already looking forward to it!'

End, for now.

Words: 1784