Summer

Everyone sat quiet as they broke their fast, Lewyn sitting beside his father, Tommen beside him. The Queen and Myrcella sat across from them. Joffrey was notably absent.

"Bread! And two of those little fish", came the voice of Tyrion Lannister from behind him.

"And a mug of dark beer to wash it down!", he called as he made his way to the table, lifting up Tommen and moving him down, to which Lewyn then scooted down as well, allowing his uncle to sit between him and his father.

"And bacon, burnt black", he said as he took his seat, Jaime turning, his leg across his knee as he now faced his little brother.

"Little brother", Jaime said with a smile.

"Beloved siblings, my dear nephews, and my beautiful niece", Tyrion responded.

Cersei gave him a weak smile.

"Is Bran going to die?", Myrcella suddenly asked. Lewyn looked at his uncle, hopeful.

"Apparently not", Tyrion said, gnawing a piece of bacon he'd swiped up from the silver tray before them.

"What do you mean?", Cersei asked, looking from Tyrion to Jaime.

"The Maester says the boy may live", Tyrion answered, sipping his dark beer.

Lewyn noticed Jaime look down, away from the Queens stare.

The Queen commented how it was no mercy to let the child linger in such pain, which Lewyn silently disagreed with. Bran would be fine. The conversation then turned to talk of the Wall, and after uncle Tyrion had made a few naughty jokes, one Lewyn had heard already in the wagon on the trip to Winterfell, Cersei ushered her two children out of the hall, and only Jaime, Tyrion and Lewyn himself remained.

"Even if the boy lives," Jaime bagan suddenly, turning to Tyrion.

"He'd be a cripple, grotesque. Give a a good clean death any day", he finished, a slight shake of the head.

Lewyn noticed his uncle give a look of disgust as his uncle drank his from his cup.

"Speaking for the grotesques, Id have to disagree. Death is so final whereas life, ah, life is full of possibilities. I hope the boy does wake, Id be very interested to hear what he has to say", Tyrion said shooting a glance to Jaime. The mood in the room became tense.

"My dear brother", brother Jaime whispered, leaning in towards Tyrion, "there are times you make me wonder what side you're on", he said, in low, bitter whisper.

Jaime looked up then to Lewyn, as if he suddenly remembered he was there, and Lewyn quickly dropped his eyes to his bowl of oats.

"My dear brother, you wound me!", Tyrion said suddenly.

"You know how much I love my family", he now whispered, giving a nod towards Lewyn, Jaime's eyes followed.

Jaime looked back at Tyrion, staring silently for a moment, a hint of a bitter smile pulled at his lips.

"Come, Lewyn", he called, rising from the bench. Lewyn rose immediately.

His father walked him out into Winterfell's court, were they both spied Jon. He was a bit surprised when his father pressed his hand to the back of his head, leading him over to Jon, who was standing with the swordsmith.

"A sword for the wall", his father called.

"You're going to to the Wall Jon?", Lewyn asked hurriedly, surprised.

"Yes, I am. And I already have one, Ser Jaime", Jon responded to both at once.

"Good man", his father said, eyeing Jon over oddly.