A Lannister Always Pays His Debt

"Go", Jaime had said, and the girl had quickly ran passed him and out the room.

Lewyn awkwardly looked away, sighing, at a loss of words.

"Of course", he thought to himself.

"Please tell me you have something on", Jaime asked, shaking his head, as he walked to the door to shut it. The girl had left it wide open in her haste to exit.

"The sheet..", Lewyn said awkwardly, a small shrug.

"I'm not amused Lewyn", Jaime said seriously.

"Neither am I", Lewyn said, "can we discuss that in a bit though? Could you just..leave for a moment?", the boy asked.

Jaime sighed, turning and walking to the wardrobe and throwing a pair of trousers to his son, and turning his back, while the boy dressed himself.

"Are you trying to make me grandfather as well? Was I not a young enough father, I must be a grandfather as well?", the man asked. Lewyn apparently had not thought of the whole "pregnancy" thing by the look on his face, and Jaime shook his head.

"You know she's a whore don't you?", he asked, and his son instantly jumped up defensively.

"She is not!", he yelled, insulted. He thought he might love the girl.

Jaime could not be angry with his son. The boy was in for a bitter heartbreak.

"Lewyn-", he began, shaking his head once more.

"She is not!", the boy insisted.

Jaime sighed.

"Really now?", he asked, "a girl that isn't a whore, and wasn't with three of my guards yesterday, just happens to come to a Lord's bedchamber, on the night before he leaves for a possible battle, in nothing but a robe, and I suppose all she wanted to do was talk?", he asked.

"Well no", Lewyn said, "but that doesn't mean-", but Jaime continued on.

"And she just happened to be really good right?", he asked, "the very first time for her, it must have been dull then? She didn't know exactly what she was doing?".

"She wasn't a-", Lewyn began, but he stopped as his father's eyebrow raised.

"Could it be?", he thought. Just because she wasn't a virgin did not mean she was a whore. But she was very forward. She was particularly skilled, he couldn't help but admit to himself.

"She wasn't with three of your guards!", he suddenly declared, trying to avoid the last sentence he almost said.

"She was. I saw her. I spoke with her even", he said, and Lewyn looked at him questioningly.

"I told her to stay away from you", the man admitted, "apparently she didn't take my warning seriously", he said.

Lewyn grew silent. Would his father lie to him? And why wasn't the man screaming at him, but instead almost seeming to feel sorry for him? Maybe he was mistaken, the boy had thought hopefully.

"Tomorrow, she will be in the riding party, going from man to man, you'll see", Jaime said.

"No", the boy said stubbornly, "She came tonight, because she couldn't stand to see me leave", he corrected his father, and the man yet again shook his head.

"You'll see Lewyn. She told you that so you wouldn't be looking for her tomorrow. And when you do see her", he said growing serious, "you will smile, lift your head, and walk to her, and you will give her this", he said, pulling a handful of gold dragons, more than most men see in their whole lives, from a pocket in his jacket, and handing it to his confused son.