Bastards

As Oberyn approached Ser Jaime's own chambers, the door suddenly opened, before he could even reach for it. The Queen exited.

"Prince Oberyn, how lovely to see you", she said, the fakest smile plastered to her lips.

"My Queen", Oberyn was much better at fake smiles though.

"You're here to speak to my dear brother?", she asked, glancing behind her.

"I am", he replied.

"Well", she said, "I hope he can be of great help in whatever you're inquiring about", she said.

"And how is it you know I'm here to inquire?", he asked.

She just smiled, a small chuckle.

"Have a wonderful evening, Prince Oberyn", and she made her way passed him. Her guards following dutifully.

Jaime looked up as Oberyn entered.

"What is it?", he asked bitterly.

"What happened?", Oberyn asked sternly.

"You've already been told! Some men tried to kill him!", he growled loudly. He did not need more questions.

"With the Stark boy", Oberyn said, and Jaime grew quiet.

"Jaime", Oberyn said a moment later.

"He caught us", Jaime said quietly, looking down at his feet.

"And you pushed him from a tower. He survived. But during the time in which the boy was hanging on to his own life, Lewyn somehow ends up being attacked by some peasants being sent off to the Wall", Oberyn stated. Jaime looked up suddenly, a look of rage on his face

"You think I would send men to kill my own son!", he shouted, and he saw the way Oberyn's jaw tensed.

"Forgive me", he said a moment later.

"Oberyn", he continued a moment later, "I would never hurt that boy, you know that", he said, calmly now.

"Yes, but your sister?", he asked. Jaime grew quiet. He had suspected the same thing.

"Lewyn wasn't even with Brandon Stark!", Jaime insisted, "he has no clue. About anything", Jaime continued.

"She's hated that boy since the day you told her he was your bastard son", Oberyn said. Jaime said nothing, but silently he couldn't disagree.

"She had suspected the Stark's. And it's possible. If they know..", he said.

"If they know you pushed a seven year old boy from a tower?", Oberyn asked.

"I didn't want to", Jaime spat.

"But you did. And now someone has tried to harm Lewyn", Oberyn said furiously.

"What are you suggesting?", Jaime asked.

"He'd be safer in Dorne", Oberyn said flatly.

"Have you absolutely lost your mind?", Jaime spat. "I'm to send him off to Dorne? Do you not see how utterly terrible of an idea that is? The questions!", he yelled.

"You're sending him to be fostered, as you do not have the time with your noble title of Ser Jaime of the Kingsguard, to be as attentive of a father as you would like. King Robert himself was fostered by Jon Arryn", the Dornish man said.

"To Dorne, Oberyn! Listen to yourself! This is the worst idea in the world! I suppose you'll be going back to Dorne with him, then? Yes, this shall go wonderfully. I'm sure my father won't have any questions. I'm sure no one will", Jaime said quickly. He could feel his heart racing.

As Jaime got more and more worked up, Oberyn simply stood straight, his hands behind his back.

"If harm comes to him, Jaime", Oberyn began,

"Nothing will happen to my son!", Jaime cut in, "not while he's here with me", he finished.

He could see the rage in Oberyn's eyes but Jaime didn't care. Not after what Oberyn suggested. The man must have lost his sanity. Nothing could be worse than sending the boy to Dorne.

Oberyn forced a smile, "good day then, Ser Jaime", the he said, and he stormed from the chambers.